Question

Honor Student
thuy
Message 1 of 2 (1,553 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium 309A wireless not working

I have a HP 309A all-in-one wireless printer. It was working fine but now will not connect wirelessly. Works fine via USB. I have tried to use the wireless set up wizard but the printer can not find the signal. The router is working fine and signal strength is not an issue because router is next to the printer and it worked before. The blue light on the printer is on but the network test indicates "Fail" for the "wireless working" step. This is the only indication from the printer there is a problem (no other failure indications). I have recycled power on both the printer and router several times. I have reset the printer by holding 6 and # during start up with no help. I have also tried using the online diagnostic tool but even when connected to the printer via USB the tool does not locate the printer and can not complete the test. My computer is a laptop using windows 7 and is connected to the wireless router. I have the most recent driver updates and again the printer works via USB connection. I made no changes to any of the devices prior to the problem. However, since loading windows 7 to my computer about a year ago have had a few issues with printer operations which required everything from power reboot to reloading printer drivers to repair. Nothing seems to work in this case and the problem seems to be the wireless circuit within the printer. Please advise. Thanks in advance. Greg
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 2 (1,524 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium 309A wireless not working

This is how to contact HP support: www.hp.com/go/totalcare  Please call them about your printer.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation