Question

Honor Student
Lillaneyblonde
Message 1 of 9 (3,654 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m will not connect wirelessly to laptop

Hi

I am having huge issues with my HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m. I have had it for just over a year, and have NEVER had any problems with it.

I am going to give as much information as I can.

I have:

HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m printer

Samsung ML-2010 Series (Working wirelessly)

Gateway (Acer) NV5915h laptop

Windows 7 Home Premium   

64-bit Operating System

Intel(R) Pentium (R)CPU  P6200 2.13GHz

4.00GB Ram

Norton 360 Premier Edition

Wireless Logitech Mouse

Wireless Microsoft keyboard

It started about 2 weeks ago

At first it would lose connection, and then I would have to reboot my laptop and the printer, and it would come back. Then I had to start removing the printer and then re-installing it. It worked for a bit, but now I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I disabled my Norton while I did everything.

I tried adding the Photosmart through the install CD, Manually adding it, disabling the HP services, and I downloaded the setup from HP, in case there was something wrong with my CD. I have gone through the entire trouble-shooter.

I have run through the install CD over a dozen times, it finds the printer and goes all the way to the end, and it says “printer setup has failed to complete. Click retry to try installing again or click next to continue without connecting to the printer now, I will connect later."

I also went to

Start typed in cmd Services.msc  located the HP Network Devices Support  right click Properties changed start up type to Disabled. Then re-installed the printer. It didn’t work!

I uninstalled all the HP software, and then installed it again.

I even tried typing the IP address in.

If I open a webpage and type in the IP, it brings up my printer; it shows everything with no problems.

When I added it manually I tried to set it as my default printer and I get error0X00000709. It won’t let me set it as the default, so I tried leaving my other one as the default, and then selecting the HP Photosmart from the dropdown list, then print. Same thing happens I get the error.

I also installed through a wired (USB) connection, so that I could get all the driver updates. It updated everything, and I was able to print to it, but then when I went to switch to wireless, it errors.

I also installed it by:

Start Devices and printer  add printer add a network,  wireless or Bluetooth printer.

It searches for my printer, it finds it. The problem is it finds 3 of the HP Photosmart!!

It shows them as follows:

HP0AB1A0 (HP Photosmart premium c309g-m)               IP http:\\192.168.1.70:3910

HP Photosmart on OWNER-PC                                             IP: \\OWNER-PC\ HP Photosmart

Samsung on OWNER-PC                                                        IP \\OWNER-PC\Samsung) (working)

Photosmart Premium C309g-m (HP)                                   IP 192.168.1.70.

I have gone through and installed them one by one, and deleting it when it didn’t work.

I have gone through the entire fix it problems on the HP website.

I can print to both of my printers through our desktop computer. I can print to my Samsung wirelessly from my Laptop; it’s just the HP that won’t print.

This is so frustrating!  I used to work for HP, so I have gone through all the tricks I know.

Please help I really need to get this working. My email is lillaneyblonde@hotmail.com, if you want to contact me directly. I might forget to come and check this.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has any ideas!  :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
Lillaneyblonde
Message 2 of 9 (3,649 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m will not connect wirelessly to laptop

Well after a few hours of troubleshooting IT WORKS!!!!

Thank God, I was starting to panic.

Student
va2flsun
Message 3 of 9 (3,603 Views)

can you please tell me what finally worked? have the same printer with the exact same problems, and went through much of the same troubleshooting process as you. still have not resolved. thanks!

Honor Student
brhelms3
Message 4 of 9 (3,274 Views)

I need help also...it's making me ANGRY!!!! :smileymad:

Student
Lynnie11224
Message 5 of 9 (3,120 Views)

I too need help with this issue.  Can anyone please help me please?

Thank you

Honor Student
sarge38a
Message 6 of 9 (2,846 Views)

How did you get this working? I am having the same issues.

Student
brian_g
Message 7 of 9 (2,777 Views)

I am having the same problem with our hp 5514 printer.

IT SHOULD JUST WORK!!!!!

Why will hp not answer anybody here?

We have even changed printer from 5510 to 5514 and it will not work.

Please answer as this is very frustrating.

Student
continuous
Message 8 of 9 (2,683 Views)

ip address

Honor Student
sarge38a
Message 9 of 9 (2,175 Views)

What does IP address mean? Can't you just give specific instructions? Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation