HP Photosmart with IPad 2 (330 Views)
Honor Student
Ruffian829
Message 1 of 5 (330 Views)

HP Photosmart with IPad 2

I have a HP photosmart D110 wireless printer that is no longer working for printing from the iPad 2.

When I first set up the printer it printed from the iPad 2 just fine- in fact it was the ONLY devise it would print from. It took a lot of work setting up a manual port and configuring the network to make it work with the MacBook.

NOW it works from the macbook and not the iPad 2

The iPad 2 finds the printer (we have two, both find the printer just fine) when you press print it says it's "contacting printer," and then it says "sending to printer." But nothing prints. No error messages. Same story from both iPads.

My mom said it worked randomally for her a few days ago, but it printed like 7 copies of the same photo (I'm assuming all the times of hitting "print" finally registered with the printer all at once??)

But now it is not working again. 

I am two steps away from returning this printer (or throwing the **bleep** thing out the window) given how much work it was to make it print from the MacBook only to have it stop printing from the iPad now.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (293 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart with IPad 2

What router are you using?

Let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Ruffian829
Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)

I've done this- that is how I got the printer working for the MacBook. The problem is after doing this it will not print with the iPad 2 (which worked fine before doing this).
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 5 (277 Views)

OK, did you assign the DNS as instructed above?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Ruffian829
Message 5 of 5 (273 Views)

I don't recall (although I do remember doing something with the DNS) I will have to check when I am home. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation