Question

Top Student
my4jewels
Message 1 of 8 (6,701 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart won't print webpages, prints only from saved files

I have recently acquired my 1st  HP laptop and my husband also got me an HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m printer as well.  Both are blue tooth.  The installation went smoothly, the test print was perfect.  The wireless connection seems to be established.  The printer shows up in my control panel.  This printer is my default printer.

I am able to print any saved files and photos beautifully.  When I try to print anything on the internet or a saved webpage, nothing happens.   I go to file>print.  The print window comes up.  The printer is highlighted.  The status is ready.  When I click print, the printer icon briefly shows up at the bottom of the page and disappears.  The printer doesn't react at all.  That's it.

It's not my Windows firewall, because I tried disabling it temporarily,trying to print a web page, and the problem remained.

I've been trying to figure this out on my own for 2 days to no avail. I have searched the net trying to find someone having the same problem, but haven't found a solution.   Any suggestions? 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 8 (6,685 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart won't print webpages, prints only from saved files

Have you tried disabling your security system's firewall?  What do you use, maybe I can help?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
my4jewels
Message 3 of 8 (6,681 Views)

Thanks so much for such a fast reply.  I use only Avast anti virus, which has no firewall.  I never much cared for Norton, so I uninstalled it and all of its components on my new laptop.  I am the only one who uses this computer, so I feel safe with Avast.  Windows 7 is the only firewall.

Top Student
my4jewels
Message 4 of 8 (6,675 Views)

Windows Defender was the only other thing I could think of.  I turned that off, and it made no difference, so I turned it back on.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 8 (6,671 Views)

If it is failing ONLY from your browser, maybe there is a browser setting (in Security?) that is off.  Do you use Internet Explorer?

Try another browser (Firefox, Google Chrome or other) and see if it has the same problem.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
my4jewels
Message 6 of 8 (6,653 Views)

My problem is solved.  Since I've only had my laptop for a week, I did a system restore back to the first startup.  Somehow I had disabled HP Smart Web Printing.  All is good!  Thanks for trying to help.

Student
TheoReddickLee
Message 7 of 8 (6,160 Views)

If webpages print out as blank pages or with only a couple lines of metadata (date, filename or other text) on them using Internet Explorer (I have IE8, but I doubt it is restricted to this version), select Internet Options under Tools in the menu at the top lefthand portion of your screen.  Click on the Advanced tab at the top of the options window.  Scroll down to the section titled Printing and make sure the box is checked next to "Print background colors and images."  If it is not, click on the box to put a check mark in it.  Next, click on the Apply button and then the OK button at the bottom of the options window.  This should solve the problem.

Top Student
Jonious
Message 8 of 8 (5,210 Views)

I love you TheoRedickLee!  I did a Google search, found this site, found this thread - you solved my problem !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation