HP Printer Networking asking for username and password? (4594 Views)
Tutor
Cyclefitness
Message 1 of 6 (4,594 Views)

HP Printer Networking asking for username and password?

I need to scan to network folder and it's asking for a username password. I don't know it.  So, I went to HP Solution Center and lo and behold ... it's asking me for a username and password.  Hmmm ... same one I don't know?  I wouldn't know 'cause I don't know it.

Can somebody help me out of this?  I'm pretty sure this is all my equipment in my home in my bedroom.  How do you turn these passwords off?  Oh, need to know the password.

Thanks for any help.

Tutor
Cyclefitness
Message 2 of 6 (4,583 Views)

Re: HP Printer Networking asking for username and password?

The device is the HP Officejet Pro 8500.
Tutor
Cyclefitness
Message 3 of 6 (4,565 Views)

Now I can't print at all!!  Getting error message saying my printer is offline.  I've unchecked the "use Printer offline" from printers dialog, but nothing helps. Also tried rebotting.

I appreciate any help someone can offer!!!!

Grad Student
Herculean
Message 4 of 6 (4,546 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

When setting up Scan to Network Folder you will need to enter your username and password that you use when you first turn on your computer to login to Windows. This is required in order for Scan to Network Folder WIzard to successfully finish.

Assuming you are using Windows 7 or Vista, you will also need to turn on Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing, and Public Folder Sharing in the Windows Network and Sharing Center.

Teacher
Eeyore
Message 5 of 6 (4,538 Views)

I'm unclear about what you mean by "HP printer networking".  May be totally off base, but one thought comes to mind, perhaps the logins for your wireless router?

Student
apmcgreal
Message 6 of 6 (3,605 Views)

Eeyore,

Thanks, the way the mlogin dialog is worded gives no clue that it is your router account details.

Worked for me so thanks for the insight.

A.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation