02-26-2012 06:55 AM
I need to scan to network folder and it's asking for a username password. I don't know it. So, I went to HP Solution Center and lo and behold ... it's asking me for a username and password. Hmmm ... same one I don't know? I wouldn't know 'cause I don't know it.
Can somebody help me out of this? I'm pretty sure this is all my equipment in my home in my bedroom. How do you turn these passwords off? Oh, need to know the password.
Thanks for any help.
02-29-2012 04:50 PM
Now I can't print at all!! Getting error message saying my printer is offline. I've unchecked the "use Printer offline" from printers dialog, but nothing helps. Also tried rebotting.
I appreciate any help someone can offer!!!!
03-01-2012 03:37 PM - edited 03-02-2012 09:58 AM
When setting up Scan to Network Folder you will need to enter your username and password that you use when you first turn on your computer to login to Windows. This is required in order for Scan to Network Folder WIzard to successfully finish.
Assuming you are using Windows 7 or Vista, you will also need to turn on Network Discovery, File and Printer Sharing, and Public Folder Sharing in the Windows Network and Sharing Center.
03-01-2012 05:52 PM
I'm unclear about what you mean by "HP printer networking". May be totally off base, but one thought comes to mind, perhaps the logins for your wireless router?
04-10-2013 08:37 AM
Thanks, the way the mlogin dialog is worded gives no clue that it is your router account details.
Worked for me so thanks for the insight.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network