Question

Honor Student
Davecohn
Message 1 of 1 (736 Views)

HP Setup Assistant unable to configure wireless network for HP 3520; Mac OS 10.6.8

[ Edited ]

I just got an HP 3520 all-in-one and am trying to get it connected to my home network.  The HP Auto Wireless Network Setup wizard is apparently unable to communicate with the printer, although my Mac and the printer are not more than 2 feet apart.  And yes, the wizard *is* identifying the correct network and password.  So then it suggests that I connect the USB cable and try again.  When I do that, it says "The software was unable to configure your device", and gives a little report of IP address, Address Mode, etc., all of which say "Failed to retrieve network".  Help!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I can print just fine using the USB cable, but I want *all* our computers (especially my wife's!!) to be able to print, which is why I bought a wireless printer to begin with.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation