HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
11-26-2008 07:00 PM
I just bought this wireless printer thinking that I could use it for my laptop and can't get it to work. IT is hooked up usb on my desktop.
My laptop is a Dell d810 which has wi fi and it connects to my wireless router , but can't get it to hook up with the printer. Called HP twice and they are no help.
Does anyone know how to hook my laptop up to the printer?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-27-2008 08:01 PM
You will have to call HP about that issue because they have a special team that will help you install the printer to your wireless network.
And also tell the level 1 agent what errors you encountered during the installation. Usually this printer will work usb connection first then after that you will have to delete the printer icon in the printers folder in control panel then you will have to insert the installation disc then add a device, this time through the network/wireless.
After installation you will then disconnect the usb cable.
Please keep me posted.....
11-28-2008 05:01 PM
I literally just installed the printer on my Dell laptop about an hour ago. Here are the steps I took:
1. Insert disc, wait for main screen to load.
2. Select "Install Wireless/Network Device" from main menu.
3. Select the tye of installation you want (basic or advanced), then follow the prompts.
4. You will come to a screen asking you to either set up the printer or find it on the network (if already configured for wireless). Select the appropriate option.
5a. If you have not set up the printer at all, it will ask you to connect the USB cable to the printer. Go ahead and do that, then follow the steps for entering your wireless network information.
5b. If the printer is already connected to the wireless, you can simply select it from the list.
6a. Once the wireless network settings have been verified and transferred for the printer, the installer will ask you to detach the USB cable.
7. Follow the prompts until the process is complete. You will be all set up and ready to go.
11-28-2008 05:35 PM
I hope that helps...should you have questions...let us know