Question

Student
matthubb12
Message 1 of 2 (4,215 Views)

HP Wireless Printer appears as offline

Hi my HP Photosmart C4700 is set up for my wireless network and appears to be operating perfectly but every time I go to print wirelessly it appears as offline and I have to turn the printer off and re print in order for it to print the document. I am operating on a Macbook Pro with Mac OSX Version 10.6.5 and have a Linksys E3000 Router in my dorm room. I basically just need to make the printer stay online. Thanks

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (4,188 Views)

Re: HP Wireless Printer appears as offline

Hi,

matthubb12 wrote:

Hi my HP Photosmart C4700 is set up for my wireless network and appears to be operating perfectly but every time I go to print wirelessly it appears as offline and I have to turn the printer off and re print in order for it to print the document. I am operating on a Macbook Pro with Mac OSX Version 10.6.5 and have a Linksys E3000 Router in my dorm room. I basically just need to make the printer stay online. Thanks

Is your printer set up with a static or dynamic  IP address?

A static IP address will enable your PC to find the printer easier after long periods of printer inactivity.

You should peruse the HP Wireless printing Center

You will find a wealth of information there on the how and why of setting up a wireless printer with a Windows or Mac pc. 

Best regards,

erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation