Question

Top Student
stronglon
Message 1 of 4 (368 Views)

HP officejet 6700 does not print via wireless

I have a mac OSX 10.6.8 and have used this computer with a new officejet 6700 in one location with no problem. I recently moved to a different state and bought another officejet6700, to use for wireless printing in the new location. It is making me want to pull out my hair.

This printer easily does test prints and it prints very well from USB but it prints nothing via wireless. The print jobs either show 'Connected to printer', and still does nothing, OR, 'idle' and still does nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and done everything I can think of, and still no luck. If it doesn't work by tomorrow, I am going to return it to the store and will never purchase an HP printer again. *sobs* Connecting to wireless should not be this difficult, especially since this type printer has worked with my computer before. 

How can I fix this?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (357 Views)

Re: HP officejet 6700 does not print via wireless

Hi,

Mac uses Bonjour to communicate with the printer through teh network, that relies on Multicasting and hae to be supported by your router as well.

Some routers support those services but shipped with tht support disabled, some requirew a firmware update and some routers does not support those protocols at all.

Please clarify your router brand and model to better understand it capabilities and guide you further accordingly.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
stronglon
Message 3 of 4 (354 Views)

My router is a netgear n300 wireless router. It should easily handle a wireless printer. 

Top Student
stronglon
Message 4 of 4 (353 Views)

Thanks for the quick response. :-)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation