06-11-2013 04:53 PM
I have a mac OSX 10.6.8 and have used this computer with a new officejet 6700 in one location with no problem. I recently moved to a different state and bought another officejet6700, to use for wireless printing in the new location. It is making me want to pull out my hair.
This printer easily does test prints and it prints very well from USB but it prints nothing via wireless. The print jobs either show 'Connected to printer', and still does nothing, OR, 'idle' and still does nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and done everything I can think of, and still no luck. If it doesn't work by tomorrow, I am going to return it to the store and will never purchase an HP printer again. *sobs* Connecting to wireless should not be this difficult, especially since this type printer has worked with my computer before.
How can I fix this?
06-11-2013 08:54 PM
Mac uses Bonjour to communicate with the printer through teh network, that relies on Multicasting and hae to be supported by your router as well.
Some routers support those services but shipped with tht support disabled, some requirew a firmware update and some routers does not support those protocols at all.
Please clarify your router brand and model to better understand it capabilities and guide you further accordingly.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network