Question

Top Student
tlise
Message 1 of 15 (1,296 Views)

HP3050 won't print wirelessly

Right here is the thing. I have a HP 3050 (J610a) when I run the installation disk after uninstalling it, I can connect to my printer brilliantly and can print away to my hearts content. The trouble is I have to do that EVERY time I want to print wirelessly. If, for example, I want to print something the next day..the printer says its offline. If I use the HP centre to get the status of my printer, it says that it cannot establish a two way communication. I can't even activate the scan from my laptop as it cannot see it. If I go into the printer folder it tells me it is offline and there is nowhere I can click to make it online. And yes the printer is on and I have the blue wireless light (not blinking)

Yet, my printer is showing on my network. When I ran the network diagnostic both from my printer and from the HP website, I can get onto the printers webpage, it tells me it is ready, it has its own ip address and the router can see it, so why can it not print? The printer itself on the little display panel tells me its ip address and the wireless diagnostics told me that it is connecting to my router and all settings are correct and its raring to go, so why can my laptop not send things to it? Everytime I want to print I have to connect it via the usb...which seems pointless having a wireless printer!

Using windows vista (all uptodate)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

All is ok in the device manager.

I have made sure all is uptodate and I have the latest software.

It is connected to the network.

I tried running the printer diagnostic but it says it cannot connect to the printer lol.

Please help as it is getting extremely frustrating :smileysad:

Grad Student
TreeFrog
Message 2 of 15 (1,266 Views)

Re: HP3050 won't print wirelessly

You said that you checked that the printer LED is on and you also could see the printer IP on the front panel of the printer.  Did you notice if the IP was the same the next day - when you couldn't print?  I'm wondering if your router is changing the printers IP occasionally.  Many routers do that.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Sometimes it takes several posts back and forth to get to a solution - please be patient.
I am employed by HP
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 3 of 15 (1,266 Views)

Are you using Windows 7?  Have you tried this?: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=mp-89191-1

I am employed by HP
Top Student
tlise
Message 4 of 15 (1,263 Views)

hi, no its vista. It used to work perfectly. Then it just stopped ...

Top Student
tlise
Message 5 of 15 (1,262 Views)

And no I think it is the same ip...but I will check again tommorrow. It comes up on the display panel and when I click on the printer icon it takes me to the printer webpage...so it seems that my printer can access the internet and see my router and my router can see the printer but my laptop can't see the printer..

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 15 (1,257 Views)

When it shows as being offline download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

Let me know what it says.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
tlise
Message 7 of 15 (1,246 Views)

Thanks, have BM'd it atm, as strangely enough this morning, after months of it being like that, (I still cannot connect via the hp software to check ink levels etc it still says cannot establish a two way connection) but it has printed wirelessly. And now where my printer icon is in the printer panel, it is telling me my ink is low instead of being offline. I can check ink levels via the printers webpage anyway, although that could be a problem when it comes to scan.

I just can't understand why the computer cannot communicate with it via the software...;-/

Top Student
tlise
Message 8 of 15 (1,241 Views)

re the link you gave me, I had already done that and it tells me I am connected to the internet, tells me it can see my printer on the network but when I go to check connection of the printer it tells me the software is missing and to insert the disk...however when I do that, I can't install anything as it is all already installed. I can't even scan from the printer now via the onboard display, it tells me there is an error and to scan from my computer which I can't do via the software as it cant establish a connection. I just seem to be going in circles :smileysad:

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 9 of 15 (1,236 Views)

Have you tried a complete uninstall using the HP uninstaller, then reboot, then install from hp.com?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
tlise
Message 10 of 15 (1,232 Views)

I don't think I have.....but its worth a try again if I have. I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times now I can;t remember. Will try that :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation