Question

Honor Student
nikchic2
Message 1 of 4 (196 Views)

HP6700 can't connect to IP address - can't connect to server

I recently changed print cartridges in my printer and now my printer cannot be found by the network. It previously worked and had no problem with wireless printing

I am on a private network at home. 

I have tried changing the IP address on the printer itself - setting it to static. I have printed the Wireless Network Test Results which say that everything passes and I'm connected however the computer can't find the printer and I can't get updates (unable to connect, the printer could not connect to the server). 

IP address: 192.168.1.116

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Also, I am unable to connect to the EWS when I type in the IP address on my web browser. It says it cannot connect to the IP address. 

I have a MacBook Pro. 

PLEASE HELP!

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 4 (166 Views)

Re: HP6700 can't connect to IP address - can't connect to server

Hi nikchic2,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you seem to have lost the wireless connection to your Officejet 6700.

Let’s start by resetting the printer’s network settings.  This can be easily done from the front panel of the printer.  If you are unsure how to do this, the steps can be found in your User Guide on page 128 in the section titled “To reset the printer's network settings”.  The blue wireless light on your printer should now be blinking.

Now we are going to put the printer onto your wireless network.  This also can be easily done from the front panel of the printer.  The instructions on how to do this can also be found in your User Guide on page 196, in the section titled “Set up the printer using the Wireless Setup Wizard”. The blue wireless light should now be steady indicating the printer is connected to the wireless network.

To confirm that the printer is on your wireless network, please Print a Network Configuration Page. At the top of the report in the “General information” section it should give you the IP address for the printer.  It would be titled ‘URL(s) for Embedded Web Server’. Please try to connect to the printer’s embedded web server using the IP address listed on the report.

Now that we have successfully put the printer back on the network and are able to connect to the printer’s embedded web server let’s get that manual IP address set.  Please follow the steps from another post I have that has the instructions with screen shots.  Don’t worry that the screen shots are for an Officejet 8600, the steps are the same.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
nikchic2
Message 3 of 4 (158 Views)

I tried that and I got the embedded web server to pull up on my internet browser however when I try to print wirelessly, it still says the printer is offline.

Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 3.48.58 PM.png

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 4 of 4 (128 Views)

Hello nikchic2,

Thank you for the update.  I appreciate it.  It’s good to hear that you are now able to access the embedded web server. 

To resolve the last piece, the printer being offline, please follow the steps in the document 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation