HP7590, Readiris Pro 12, wired network, Win7 (2537 Views)
Honor Student
Roy_MacLean
Message 1 of 3 (2,537 Views)

HP7590, Readiris Pro 12, wired network, Win7

Purchased HP7590 "way back when" and installed Readiris software that came with it.  Everything worked fine.  Bought SWMBO (she who must be obeyed = wifey) her own laptop (Vista32 - fully upgraded,) and shortly therafter hooked her up to the family network.  At that same time, I hooked up the printer to the network (wired) and everything went swimmingly well.  Upgraded my desktop from Vista32 to Win7-32bit...again, with no problems.  After the initial playing with Readiris, I had no further need for it.  Didn't delete it, just didn't use it.

Received an email and took advantage of a software upgrade from Readiris to go from current software to Readiris Pro 12.  Installed Readiris 12 after the win7 upgrade, and it installed without prpoblems.  But now...now I have a project that requires me using the software, and therein lies the problem.  According to Readiris Tech Support, the printer must be hardwired to the computer on which the software resides...that the software will not work over a network.

I don't want SWMBO to lose her printing ability.  Can I install another copy of the HP drivers, have that copy ("Copy 2") set up to recognize that the printer is hardwired to my computer...and still leave the CAT5 connection in place so that SWMBO could print from her laptop?  I recognize that I could not do both at once, and that is acceptable to me.  Remember...happy wife, happy life!

Grad Student
TreeFrog
Message 2 of 3 (2,531 Views)

Re: HP7590, Readiris Pro 12, wired network, Win7

Most networked printers can have both USB and network active at the same time.  When you plug in the USB cable the OS should start the install for you.  As a preemptive measure I would download Windows 7 printer drivers from HP before you plug in the cable (in case it asks for it).  Windows 7 might have the drivers build in, but it is better to be ready.

Foster

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
I am employed by HP
Honor Student
Roy_MacLean
Message 3 of 3 (2,431 Views)

Re: HP7590, Readiris Pro 12, wired network, Win7

I don't know how I missed your message in my inbox, but I did.

My son...from Australia...gave me the same information you did.  Thanks very much, but I described the problem a little bit less than adequately.  It seems that there is a problem with the driver that is resident in the program I was using.  Even hooking the printer up as you said, the problem still exists.  Come to find out that the program (ReadIRIS 12 Pro) does not recognize that the ADF on the printer allows a two-sided "read" but the program has no way to accept that fact.

Sorry this is late, but thank you anyhow.

Roy MacLean

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation