Question

Top Student
WayneT
Message 1 of 6 (8,571 Views)
Accepted Solution

HPC7280 HP Photosmart Solution Center - Disconnected

I am running Windows XP SP3 on a wireless network.

I have configured the printer on the wireless network without any problems and I am using a fixed IP address for the device.

I have installed the printer drivers and associated software.

Device found in Solution Center.

I have completed all of the updates and configured the software through HP Solution Center.

Device found in Solution Center.  Fax test performs without error.  Printing and Scanning all work fine.

I have configured my firewall to allow for all of the UDP and TCP ports.  I am not receiving any firewall messages - Using CA Personal Firewall - version 9.1.0.38.

If I restart either the printer or my computer, Solution Center advises HP Photosmart C7200 series disconnected.

Printing still functions fine.

Network setting still shown in Internet Explorer - Device status shows ready.  Items needing attention - Nil.

Scanning still functions fine through Windows Scanner and Camera wizard, and through Solution Center.

Faxing will not work.  Test Fax Setup shows window, but when button clicked to process, message "The fax test could not run.  Check your HP device for any problems.through Solution Center shows Windows Fax printer still shows as Ready.  However if I try to print a test page and the HP send fax software starts and I click the send fax button - message - The fax could not be sent.  The fax will be move to the fax log!

Also when I press the Scan button on the device and select scan to computer, it no longer finds the computer and shows the message "No Scan Options".

Disabling the firewall makes no difference.

I have done considerable research to find out how to solve this problem, but at this point I have not found any solutions.

I have reinstalled the software many time, but I have yet to be able to find a stable solution.

Please help!

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 6 (8,562 Views)

Re: HPC7280 HP Photosmart Solution Center - Disconnected

Try installing THIS update.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
WayneT
Message 3 of 6 (8,560 Views)

Thankyou for your quick response.

I downloaded and tried to install the patch.  It came back with the message

This updated does not support any of the HP device drivers that you have on your PC.  You do not need this software update.

Do you have any further suggestions or details that you need to confirm compatability.

Top Student
WayneT
Message 4 of 6 (8,526 Views)

I have now uninstalled the drivers and software.

Following this I then reinstalled the software as follows:-

Installation of package drivers and software.

Device connected 

Installed patches

PS_AIO_02_100_009.exe - for duplex printing and other corrections

SLP_DD_HATHi_110_017.exe - Networking (This is the one that you advised.)  At least it is now seeing the device at this point.

Device connected.

Installed Photosmart update.

Installed Diagnostic utility ("C:\Program Files\HP\HP Print Utility\PrintUtil.exe") - This could not find the device.

Subsequently rechecked and found Solution Center displaying the below message

HP Photosmart C7200 series disconnected.

Still able to print and scan as before. 

Cannot fax.

Cannot recognise computer from device when pressing the "Scan Menu" button and selecting Scan to Computer. as before.

Honor Student
Ecin
Message 5 of 6 (7,986 Views)

I also have this problem. I can use webscan and all. Something might be broken with the HP solution center. THe funnything is I turn the printer off, then it would show printer off line. when the printer is on it will show as disconnected.
Top Student
WayneT
Message 6 of 6 (7,956 Views)

Luckily I have had some further time to waste.

I remove the installation again.

This time I installed the system and then only installed PS_AIO_02_100_009.exe - for duplex printing and other corrections.

I DID NOT install the NETWORKING patch SLP_DD_HATHi_110_017.exe - Networking (This is the one that DEXTER from HP advised.) 

I also made sure that I turned off the HP Update software so that I would not get this installed as an update.

This is now been completed for several weeks and appears to be much more stable - Whether the printer is turned off or on.

I still do not consider this fixed, but I would assume that HP is no longer going to do any more work on this as the are now primarily focused on Vista and XP is no longer a priority for them.

Good luck to everyone else out there experiencing this problem, I hope that this helps you as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation