Question

JR3 Tutor
Tutor
JR3
Message 1 of 5 (1,315 Views)

HPD116D7 (HP officejet 6500 E709n) will not print.

Printer does not recognize HP computer, but computer does recognize the printer. I have deleted all print devices and reinstalled using the HP search for a wireless printer on the network. The computer found the correct device, adding it to the list. When I check the printer Help - it does not find the computer. 

I am using the Pavilion dm4 (W7). The printer is a relic from my XP days. However - they worked fine together until a couple of weeks ago - just after the ink refused to print in color - even though they are full.

Is the printer just worn out after 4 years?

Grad Student
SandyBob
Message 2 of 5 (1,269 Views)

Re: HPD116D7 (HP officejet 6500 E709n) will not print.

Try running the Network Diagnostic Utility (NDU) from www.hp.com/go/tools

Then check communication.  If it shows a problem with communication, try turning off your firewall.  Then try printing a test page from the computer.

SandyBob

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
1-800-474-6836
JR3 Tutor
Tutor
JR3
Message 3 of 5 (1,264 Views)

This advice lead me to the solution. I had tried this the other day but having this program work from the computer to the printer, and then the set up wizard on the printer reset the network connections. Great Help! I had tried all the diagnostics programs I could find and none confirmed the steps I needed to take as your suggested site did. Thank you!

Grad Student
SandyBob
Message 4 of 5 (1,253 Views)

Glad to help!  Please mark your post as Solution Provided!

SandyBob

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
1-800-474-6836
JR3 Tutor
Tutor
JR3
Message 5 of 5 (1,248 Views)

I am not sure why, but the fix did not hold. Tried to print something this morning and the printer would not respond. I think it's because the printer was meant to work with XP, not Win7. I will run through all the diagnostics when I have time tomorrow, and try to set up at the printer with the wizard and hope it holds!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation