Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have a new wireless network.how do i configure my p1102w printer w/ mac os.  1102 has no control display.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

In order to connect the printer to the network, temporary connect the printer with a USB.

Then change the wireless settings from the EWS by following the steps below:

1. In Finder , click Applications , and then double-click System Preferences .
  2. Click Print & Fax (in Mac OS X v10.6) or Print & Scan (in Mac OS X v10.7).
  3. Click Open Print Queue , and then click Printer Setup .
  4. Click the Utility tab, and then click Open Printer Utility .
  5. Click HTMLConfig .
  6. Click the Networking tab, and then click Wireless from the list on the left.
  7. Under Communication Mode , click Infrastructure , select your network SSID from the Available Network Names (SSID) list, and then click the << button.
  8. From the Security Mode pop-up menu under Authentication , click WEP or WPA/WPA2 . Your selection depends on which Wireless Security Protocol your network uses.
    NOTE:If your network does not have Wireless Security, leave the Security Mode set to Open System (No Authentication) .

9. Type your WEP/WPA/WPA2 key in the appropriate field, and then click Apply .
  10. In the confirmation box, click OK , and then close the HTML Config and Print Queue windows.
  11. In the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window, click your HP product from the list of printers, and then click the Minus sign to remove it from the list.
    NOTE:This action removes the USB Connection from the list so that the only entry for your HP product is the Wireless Connection.

12. Disconnect the USB cable from the product and the computer.
  13. Under Printers, Click the printer, and then click the Minus sign (- ) to remove the product.
  14. Click the Plus sign ( ), Select your product name with Bonjour as the Kind , and then click Add .
  15. Close the Print & Fax or Print & Scan window.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same question, but I have Windows Vista. How do I go about reconfiguring this printer to the new network in Windows?

Or is there a possibility to have the printer installed on two networks?

Thank you for your help.

kat

HP Recommended
The document linked below should help you get everything connected. Hope that helps.

http://goo.gl/mjyU4
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi Shane, I will be setting up several of these P1102W printers on my network primarily to print from iPads since the P1102W is "AirPrint" compatible.

My question is can I rename these printers so my users will know which P1102W they are printing in which area?

I would assume I could browse to the assigned IP of the P1102 and do this in its built in GUI if it has it available to do?

HP Recommended

I figured this out. Install the Full Software fromhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=4110...

Then go to Start>All Programs>HP Series...>HP EPrint. Select your printer and hit next. It will open a webpage, where you can select the Networking Tab>Bonjour >and then rename your printer!

I was having the same questions, but glad I found this...

fyi, I also updated to the latest firmware before hand.

HP Recommended

@family8 wrote:

Have a new wireless network.how do i configure my p1102w printer w/ mac os.  1102 has no control display.

HP Recommended

I appreciate your solution very much.  After spending several hours working my way through official HP documentation, I did a Google search and found your solution. It worked perfectly and your logical instructions wewre easy to follow.

HP Recommended

Perfect. Thanks 

HP Recommended

Accept as Solution

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.