Question

Top Student
Trop5
Message 1 of 3 (2,870 Views)

Help with WPS instructions. Re: HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One. MacBook Pro, Lion 10-5SX

:smileysad:Help with WPS instructions.

Re: HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One. MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.7

I am still having difficulty carrying out the instructions you emailed earlier.

Let's add the printer using WPS:

1. Start the WPS process from the front panel of your printer (Setup [Scan] > Network > Wifi Protected Setup).  

Comments: I pressed Scan, then I selected Wireless Menu, next I pressed WPS, that brought up the WiFi Protected Setup, where I selected Push Button.

“Trying to connect” flashed for a minute and a half. 

Then:
2. Open the Apple Airport Utility
a. select your wireless router

1. select Manual Setup 
  2. select the Base Station Menu in the menu bar at the top of your screen. 

d. select “Add Wireless Clients” from the Base Station Menu.

Comments: Here is where your instructions seem to diverge from what appears in my Airport Utility. 

Clicking on Manual Setup brought up a menu at the top of the screen. On that menu, I selected “Base Station” but nothing happened.

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the adjacent option in the menu simply listed as “Wireless.”

Two choices appeared: “Create a wireless network,” or, “Extend a wireless network.” Does “Extend” mean the same as “Add?” 

I selected “Extend a wireless network” and then “Allow wireless clients” appeared. Is “Allow Wireless Clients” the same as “Add Wireless Clients?”

In about the middle of the screen was the option “Wireless Network Name.”

None of the names I scrolled through looked familiar. Do I enter a new name for the Wireless Netowrk?

Lastly, I assume I need to Update the settings?

e. Select First Attempt then press Continue.

Comments: I have not encountered “First Attempt.”

You have to start the Apple Add Wireless Client process within two minutes of starting the printer's WPS pushbutton method. Actually, order doesn't matter ... you can start the Add Wireless Clients process on the the Apple router first then start the printer's WPS pushbutton method.

Now your printer will be connected to your router.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (2,848 Views)

Re: Help with WPS instructions. Re: HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One. MacBook Pro, Lion 10-5SX

You have to use the Base Station Menu on the Menu Bar at the very top of your screen.

I am employed by HP
Student
albertjoseph88
Message 3 of 3 (1,071 Views)

Re: Help with WPS instructions. Re: HP Photosmart C4780 All-in-One. MacBook Pro, Lion 10-5SX

hp hotoosmart e station is not working now 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation