Question

Student
murleenray
Message 1 of 2 (634 Views)

How do I connect my HP Laserjet 1102w directly to a Linksys AE3500 wireless router with USB option?

I am trying to connect an HP Laserjet 1102w directly to an HP desktop model a172n with Windows Vista Home Premium OS (32 bit) through a new Linksys AE3500 dual band wireless router which has a USB port for a direct connection. The desktop can see the wireless router but not the printer.

Is there a work around, a printer installer update, or some other solution that enables me to connect the desktop to the printer via the USB connection on the wireless router? I need to have one wireless laptop and one non-wireless desk computer able to use the one printer.

Thanks for any assistance!

Murleen Ray

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 2 (614 Views)

Re: How do I connect my HP Laserjet 1102w directly to a Linksys AE3500 wireless router with USB opti

hi there,

It seems as though this situation will require the Cisco connect software to function properly. Check out this article from the cisco knowledge base. It has the step by step setup specific to your case. Let us know if this helps or if you have already been through these steps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation