05-18-2012 01:08 PM
I am trying to connect an HP Laserjet 1102w directly to an HP desktop model a172n with Windows Vista Home Premium OS (32 bit) through a new Linksys AE3500 dual band wireless router which has a USB port for a direct connection. The desktop can see the wireless router but not the printer.
Is there a work around, a printer installer update, or some other solution that enables me to connect the desktop to the printer via the USB connection on the wireless router? I need to have one wireless laptop and one non-wireless desk computer able to use the one printer.
Thanks for any assistance!
05-21-2012 10:17 AM
It seems as though this situation will require the Cisco connect software to function properly. Check out this article from the cisco knowledge base. It has the step by step setup specific to your case. Let us know if this helps or if you have already been through these steps.
Best of Luck!
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection