Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
If you do get a workable answer, please let us know phantasmny. Thank you
HP Recommended

I can't believe this thread was started in February, and three months later there's not so much as a response from HP.  Way to support your products and customers!

HP Recommended

I recently switched from cablevision to verizion fios, and the netgear router that I had been using, the printer didn't stay connected. With the verizion fios router, no problems at all, so I'm leaning towards it being a router issue rather than a printer issue.

HP Recommended

I just wish someone would come up with a solution.   It is very frustrating.   I sometimes have to unplug the router, turn off the printer and then plug it all back in a few times to get it to print finally.     Ready to just say to heck with the whole thing and go back to my original old school wired printer.   At least it worked every time I asked it to.

Good luck everyone.

HP Recommended

Assign a static IP address to the printer. When your printer goes to sleep for too long it may be assigned a new IP address upon start up due to DHCP being enabled from the router. 

You can bypass this with a static IP address - this should keep your printer connected 24/7.

HP Recommended
Unfortunately, no. I have a static IP address assigned to the printer yet it still doesn't always "wake" when printing to it.
HP Recommended

I am frustated as well. One solution I found and it is working for me. Once you set up as static ip address , from your computer , open command window and issue ' ping -t printer_ip'. This not stop ping window will keep the printer online all the time. It is a real pain but this is the only solution which works.

HP Recommended

Well, my latest update...here it goes.

They will be sending me a "re-conditioned unit" with all the latest firmware.

Gues, this is officially my third unit and not only am I embarassed as I endorsed this unit to the boss but I am truly amazed that the best HP would offer us is a "reconditioned unit".

What does Factory Reconditioned mean?

Factory reconditioned products consist of products that were originally sold new, or sent out as demo units, and then returned, sometimes without even being opened. Once these units get back to the manufacturer from retailers or consumers, they are tested and then reconditioned to original factory specifications by Manufacturer-trained technicians. The testing process assures that the product meets the same stringent quality standards that are required for new products.

Will keep you all posted.

I did go as far to mention you have 12 other unhappy clients on your site. What have you done to appease them? "Well Ma'am, we have sent them new units as well". Note...other twelve 8600 plus owners...go get your "reconditioned unit" rather than this rest....reboot....

HP Recommended

Hello Silvia

I have never gotten a new or reconditioned unit to replace mine.   I have never gotten a respone at all.   I am still fighting with my piece of crap.   Ready to ditch it and get something else by another manufacturer and never buy another HP printer again.    Not wireless at least.  

Thanks for the update on your issues though.

HP Recommended

Same printer, HP Officejet Pro 8600, and same issue. Keeps disconnecting from my computer and not able to print/scan to printer from my computer unless I log out and log back in. Will try they static IP address work around and see if that works but thought I would add post in hopes that maybe SOMEONE at HP would take a look into this problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.