02-11-2013 04:45 PM
You can set up your printer for wireless pretty easily if you have the Full Feature Software installed on your computer for your printer. The setup is done as part of the installation.
Read through below, then select how you wish to proceed. There is a video to assist - see below!
If your printer stops working (and it’s not a hardware problem), it may be due to software or driver issues. There are tools to help you diagnose the problem and help documents to guide you to success.
You might just desire extra features for your printer, or need extra tools to help with scheduled maintenance.
In many cases, you can (re)install the Full Feature Softwarefor your printer to enhance its capabilities. The HP Solution Center is an integrated part of the FFS. For e-print, you will want the e-print software.
If you have the CD that came with your printer, use that to install your Printer software -- IF the CD is compatible with your current Operating System. If you do not have the CD, or if the software on the CD is outdated, then you can use the online installation tools.
(Re)install the basic driver or HP Printer Full Feature Software or other software for your printer:
Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless)
Software controls the programs that interact with the User
- Go to
the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
- Officejet Pro 8500 Series
- Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu... Click NEXT and Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the appropriate Basic Driver, e-print, or Full Feature Software, as appropriate
- NOTE: You may also wish to download the Print and Scan Doctor and / or other Tools from Category - Utilities
- Save the *.exe installation package(s) on your computer
Pay attention to the name and the location of the file(s) when you save the file(s). The file(s) will likely save to the "Downloads “folder.
- You may remove your existing printer software with the following tool. Fixit is of particular use when the existing printer software is being replaced due to severe problems with the printing program.
NOTE: If you have a recent working version of the Full Feature Software on your computer, you may opt to skip removing the existing printer software in the above separate step. During installation of your Full Feature Software, when the installer package detects the “old” printer software on your computer, the program will ask you to remove that old software: The program will then invoke an internal printer software removal program that is written to remove printer software. Once most of the old printer software is removed, you will be asked to Reboot your computer and log back in. After you log in, the final bits of the old printer program(s) are deleted and the new software will be installed. Depending on your system, the whole uninstall and install process might take as much as eight to twelve minutes.
- Remember to Install the programs from Category Utilities first, if applicable, as these are smaller in size.
- Install the downloaded Printer Software package last.
If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
- If using: Download and install the driver software before connecting a USB cable.
- After the initial installation is complete, be sure to check for and install any relevant updates - check Category - Update. The Updates are important and can mean the difference between software that works as expected and software that does not work.
- You may also wish to check for a Category named Firmware. Installation of any package in this Catagory is personal choice and must be based on the contents in the package and whether or not your printer is working as expected.
Extra help for setting up your Wireless Printer:
Video Help for installing your Printer:
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network