Question

Honor Student
WiseNerd
Message 1 of 6 (3,685 Views)

How do you reset the IP config to DHCP on a HP P1102W

I've tryed resetting to factory, but the config keeps comming back as Manual with an IP of 0.0.0.0

I'm seriously at my wits end.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 6 (3,644 Views)

Re: How do you reset the IP config to DHCP on a HP P1102W

Well, 0.0.0.0 is the factory IP, and it indicates that it does not have an IP issued from your router (IP addresses are assigned by routers, not the printer itself).

Does your rouer have DHCP active?  What router?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
WiseNerd
Message 3 of 6 (3,638 Views)

I need to change the IP configuration on the printer to DHCP, what difference does the router make?  And why would the factory config be an address you can;t connect to versus a private IP.  I'm officially more confused (and I have dealt with network printers before, for over 15 years in fact and this is the first time I've had a problem).

I'm connecting to the guest lan at work (which at some point this printer was previously configured for) and yes DHCP is enabled on that lan.

I can connect to the printer via USB, but the console (wificonfig.exe) doesn't give you the option to manually set an IP or even change to DHCP, it just let's you specify where to connect and since I can't change to dhcp it doesn't matter where I point to (ad-hoc or otherwise) with an IP of 0.0.0.0 I will never be able to access the embedded web server to manually set the IP address.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 6 (3,627 Views)

My guess is that the guest network has AP Isolation enabled (preventing clients from seeing each other).

Have you tried connecting to the printer directly with an Ethernet cable to your PC?  It should get an auto-IP (169.254.x.x) that you can then use to get into the EWS.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
WiseNerd
Message 5 of 6 (3,621 Views)

I'm guessing you're not familiar with this printer.  The "W" is for w-i-r-e-l-e-s-s, there is no ethernet port.  The only way to connect is wirelessly (802.11) or USB.  Connecting USB does not give the option to set the IP manually or change the config to DHCP.  I can't connect wirelessly because the IP is manually set to 0.0.0.0 so regardless of the lan I point to, the printer does not have a valid IP to connect.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 6 (3,615 Views)

Yeah, you are right, I am not familiar with every model.  I guessed that it would also have an Ethernet port, sorry.

If you restore network defaults does it broadcast an ad hoc wireless signal beginning with "HP.."?

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation