10-07-2012 03:04 PM
I have a HP Officejet 4500 (not wireless) that is connected via USB to my desktop. I have a router that I use for my laptop. How can I configure my laptop/printer for shared printing?
10-07-2012 03:15 PM
Your printer actually has a NIC port (& USB port) therefore the best option is to connect it to the router and you can share it from there. Page #13 of the following manual will show you how:
You only need a LAN cable to connect your printer to the router and configure from there.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network