Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am replacing our router with a Linksys Smart Wi-Wi router AC 1750, and am working with Windows 7 OS.

When I tried to replace it, my wireless printers/fax/copier (Brother MFC 8890DW) were not recognized by the new router as wireless devices.

I need to know after configuring the router, how I can restore the printers back to the wireless network, or use EOB cable to keep them from draining my Wi-Fi signal.

Please and thank you,

HP Recommended

@James_HIT wrote:

When I tried to replace it, my wireless printers/fax/copier (Brother MFC 8890DW) were not recognized by the new router as wireless devices.

I need to know after configuring the router, how I can restore the printers back to the wireless network, or use EOB cable to keep them from draining my Wi-Fi signal.

Please and thank you,

Just to let you know this is an HP Printer Forum, not Brother.  Please call the good folks at Brother for all assistance.

HP Recommended

@Joshuajay1234 wrote:

How about on a Mac computer with a new Verizon 'D-Link' router? I've tried for a while now, after installing the software CD again and trying to run the install steps, but it can never find my device: HP Photosmart C4780. I have the USB cord but it still does not connect. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

We just bought a router and now our HP Photosmart 5520 printer won't work to print documents from the computer nor to scan a document to computer.

HP Recommended

I just allowed Windows 8.1. The router is a Belkin.  I'm not sure what the cable is?

HP Recommended

How do I connect 6600 HP Officejet printer after changing modem to a wireless modem

HP Recommended

Replacing/changing your wireless router try here.

http://www.hp.com/global/au/en/wireless/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

HP Recommended
I got a new wireless iinet modem.
My printers wifi is turned of.
How can I get it to connect to my wifi modem again.
HP Recommended
My printer is an EPSON XP200 MODELC462D
HOw do I connect to my computer again with my new wifi modem.
Thanks
HP Recommended

This is a HP Printer forum.  Please contact the good folks at Epson for assistance.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.