Question

Top Student
k9cop
Message 1 of 8 (4,188 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp Photosmart Premium 309n-s keeps going offline (Wireless connection)

I am in need of help I keep getting a message stating the printer is offline when i go to print I have a Modem wired to routerthen to ethernet card for the desktop and wireless router  to my  to printer, I get online for internet. I constantly have to go into properties and click work online so I can print any help appreciated have a pentium 4 3.4 ghz 4 gig memory 512mb video card resources are good

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 8 (4,168 Views)

Re: Hp Photosmart Premium 309n-s keeps going offline (Wireless connection)

Are you using Win 7 64-bit?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
k9cop
Message 3 of 8 (4,161 Views)

windows xp home 32 bit

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 8 (4,157 Views)

Let's set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know this, enter the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Leave the gateway and DNS blank. Click 'Apply'

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
k9cop
Message 5 of 8 (4,134 Views)

That did not work the printer goes offline still I have to go into properties and click work online to print it appears to toggle back and forth online to offline.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 8 (4,116 Views)

OK, when the printer goes offline, run this utility.  

I am employed by HP
Top Student
k9cop
Message 7 of 8 (4,099 Views)

Re: Hp Photosmart Premium C309n-s keeps going offline (Wireless connection)

I have done this already before it tells me there is no communication from computer to printer to check firewall port 427 may be blocked , but if it was blocked why would it come back on. as of now after deleting the printer then reinstalling the printer I have not had the problem again I am hoping for the best, I never had this problem with the Photosmart 7180 to bad a ink problem side lined it.

Top Student
k9cop
Message 8 of 8 (4,087 Views)

Re: Hp Photosmart Premium C309n-s keeps going offline (Wireless connection)

I will have to say me deleting the printer and reinstalling with the software disk has made the printer find a new IP address as you suggested I think the way I did it was easier for me although your method should have been the same as I have checked the IP address and it is now different.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation