Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I can not find the password to put into my iPad when I try to connect so I can print directly from my iPad, I have already printed from it and I'm sure it did not ask for a password but now when I connect it asks for one, can any one help please?
48 REPLIES 48
HP Recommended

Hi Ilona76,

It seems you or someone close to you might have unknowingly enabled security on your WI-Fi DIrect connection.

You can check this by printing out your Network Configuration page:
Press the Wireless button and the Start Copy Black button from the printer control panel at the same time.

The Wireless Direct passcode should be displayed on the first page of the printout.

To change the Wireless Direct password or turn off the security passcode:
1. Connect your computer or iPad to the Wireless Direct printer network (HP-Direct-XY-Deskjet 2540 series)
2. Once connected, open a web browser and type in 192.168.223.1 in the addressbar and press enter.
3. At the printer EWS page navigate to Network>HP Wireless Direct>Edit Settings.
4. Change the passcode or turn off security passcode and click Apply.

Please click the White Kudos star in my post if I helped you.
If I resolved your problem, please click Accept As Solution to help others.

HP Recommended

Had a paper jam while printing from my iPad. Now iPad won't connect to HP 2540. Did power off restart.  Printed out new pswd, inst'd to settings, doesn't work....bob

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

If the blue wireless light is blinking on the printer, then it's not connected to a router.

If you want to connect directly to the printers AP from the iPad, press the HP Wireless Direct button so that the white light is solid:

1. From the iPad, connect to the HP-Print-XX-Deskjet 2540 wireless AP.

2. Bring up a photo or doc and select print.

3. Select the DeskJet printer to print.

Let me know if this works.

HP Recommended
Need help am on my iPad and it's coming up I need a password get the network please can anybody help
HP Recommended

Hi Mcelarney,

Please see the second post on this page above to resolve your issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Password reset didn't work. I turned off iPad, turned back on....everything worked  🙂

HP Recommended

We have a HP 7520 Printer and a Apple Ipad and we want to print from our IPad it comes up we need a Printer password how do we find that we have tried our Computer password but doesn't work

HP Recommended
white
HP Recommended
This helped me huge I couldn't figure out how to do it but thanks for the info
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.