Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was using Hp deskjet 2540 different location and now we are shifted to other location and when i want to print documents from my i phone it asks for password.

can you help me please ?

HP Recommended
Thanks for the info. I was able to get the password for our HP Photosmart 5520. I have an IPad 2 and an IPhone 6. I used to be able to print from my IPad. Now even though I have the password, my IPad can't find the printer. Now what?
HP Recommended
My wireless printer doesn't have a print button

HP Recommended
Someone put a password on my wireless printer and my printer doesn't have a print button
HP Recommended

Hi @coyote_ugly_196,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

If you go back to the first page of this thread, it looks like your question as already been answered on Page 1. Please click here to go to that post.

Have a great day 🙂

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have lost my password when turning on the wireless for my printer on my iPad please can u send me it x
HP Recommended

Hi @KellyNcaseyboo,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

It sounds like you are using Wireless Direct to print from your Deskjet 2540 with your iPad.

If that is the case, you can go to page 53 of your Deskjet's User Guide and it will instruct how to print the password again.

Hope this helps, let me know!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I cannot find my password to put into my iPad to connect to my printer. Can anyone help please.
HP Recommended

Hi @Sally3,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I believe the answer you're looking for is in my post right above yours 🙂

Click here to jump to said post.

Let me know how things go!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I can not find the password to put into my iPad when I try to connect so I can print directly from my iPad, I have already printed from it and I'm sure it did not ask for a password but now when I connect it asks for one, can any one help please?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.