Question

Student
1phatrd
Message 1 of 4 (1,541 Views)

Hp officejet 4500 wireless problem

When attempting to setup the wireless the printer will not acknowledge my router.... it picks up all the other networks in the nieghborhood but mine... router is 6 inches away from the printer and on... every other devise i have picks up the wireless network just fine...ie: ipod, nintendo ds, 2 laptops... not sure why the printer wont.... any help would be appreciated,

Thanks Gerald

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (1,531 Views)

Re: Hp officejet 4500 wireless problem

Is the printer's wireless radio on (usually a blue light)?  Run a WIreless Network Test from the Setup > Network area of the control panel of the printer.  It will self-test the system.

I am employed by HP
Student
ansnow05
Message 3 of 4 (1,163 Views)

I keep getting this error, "wireless radio not functioning. Contact HP Support." I've contacted you several times. Nothing has changed anything. Wireless network is turned on. I've got the secured WPA connection. I've done the self-test. Nothing has helped. Can you tell me something different?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (1,157 Views)

Reset the printer - turn it off, hold # and 6 keys while turning it back on.  If that does not fix it, the printer's radio is dead.  Sorry.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation