03-20-2013 10:02 AM
My computer (HP Pavilion g6 laptop) is running Windows 7.
Do I have to have a separate wireless router for my printer besides my DSL modem (with built-in wireless router)?
I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet, or to connect between the printer and the computer.
03-21-2013 01:11 PM
I will need a little more information to help out with your connectivity issue. Are you getting any error message when you try to print such as "No printer found" or "Printer is offline" when you attempt to print? What is the IP address of the printer? What is the default gateway? I would start by downloading and using the HP Print & Scan Dr. It is a tool that was designed to diagnose and resolve many common printing, scanning and connectivity issues. I hope that this helps.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection