03-20-2013 10:02 AM
My computer (HP Pavilion g6 laptop) is running Windows 7.
Do I have to have a separate wireless router for my printer besides my DSL modem (with built-in wireless router)?
I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet, or to connect between the printer and the computer.
03-21-2013 01:11 PM
I will need a little more information to help out with your connectivity issue. Are you getting any error message when you try to print such as "No printer found" or "Printer is offline" when you attempt to print? What is the IP address of the printer? What is the default gateway? I would start by downloading and using the HP Print & Scan Dr. It is a tool that was designed to diagnose and resolve many common printing, scanning and connectivity issues. I hope that this helps.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network