Question

Student
EABaldwin
Message 1 of 2 (1,250 Views)

I can't get my Photosmart 6520 e-ALL-IN-ONE to connect to internet, or to print from computer

My computer (HP Pavilion g6 laptop) is running Windows 7.

Do I have to have a separate wireless router for my printer besides my DSL modem (with built-in wireless router)?

I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet, or to connect between the printer and the computer.

Help please.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (1,230 Views)

Re: I can't get my Photosmart 6520 e-ALL-IN-ONE to connect to internet, or to print from computer

I will need a little more information to help out with your connectivity issue. Are you getting any error message when you try to print such as "No printer found" or "Printer is offline" when you attempt to print? What is the IP address of the printer?  What is the default gateway?  I would start by downloading and using the HP Print & Scan Dr. It is a tool that was designed to diagnose and resolve many common printing, scanning and connectivity issues. I hope that this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation