12-25-2011 06:49 AM
My new hp6510 wireless printer works great but I lose my internet connection when the printer is connected as wireless. I am using the printer with a linksys router E3000. The network has an XP computer , a win7 64 bit computer. I do not have a problem with the win 7 computer, but the xp computer will drop the internet connection and sometimes I can get it to work by repair of the router connection, but sometimes I will need to reboot the computer. If I stop the wireless connection and use the USB it works OK. I have tried to get help from HP and Linksysm but no help. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-25-2011 08:08 AM
Please try the following workaroud and let me know of any change:
- From the PC's Desktop, click the HP Photosmart 6510 icon.
- Under Printer Preferences, click Estimated Ink Levels.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Under Show Alerts, mark the 2nd option - Only show me ink alerts when I print.
- Click Close, reboot the PC and follow for any change.
Please let me know of any progress,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution