I lose my internet connection on my XP computer when the printer is connected as wireless. (335 Views)
Honor Student
ROT2
Message 1 of 3 (335 Views)
Accepted Solution

I lose my internet connection on my XP computer when the printer is connected as wireless.

My new hp6510 wireless printer works great but I lose my internet connection when the printer is connected as wireless. I am using the printer with a linksys router E3000. The network has an XP computer , a win7 64 bit computer. I do not have a problem with the win 7 computer, but the xp computer will drop the internet connection and sometimes I can get it to work by repair of the router connection, but sometimes I will need to reboot the computer. If I stop the wireless connection and use the USB it works OK. I have tried to get help from HP and Linksysm but no help. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (315 Views)

Re: I lose my internet connection on my XP computer when the printer is connected as wireless.

Hi,

Please try the following workaroud and let me know of any change:

1. From the PC's Desktop, click the HP Photosmart 6510 icon.
  2. Under Printer Preferences, click Estimated Ink Levels.
  3. Click the Advanced Settings tab.
  4. Under Show Alerts, mark the 2nd option - Only show me ink alerts when I print.
  5. Click Close, reboot the PC and follow for any change.

Please let me know of any progress,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
ROT2
Message 3 of 3 (304 Views)

Re: I lose my internet connection on my XP computer when the printer is connected as wireless.

Thanks for the help. All looks like it is working OK.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation