05-28-2012 08:32 PM
When I try to install my Laserjet 4000N printer on my HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC running windows 7 64 bit I am prompted to select windows update. The response is always "Windows was unabl;e to get a list of devices from Windows update. Try again later"
When I go to the HP site and try to download the driver i get a message "You do not need to download drivers for this product. Print drivers for your product are available within the Windows 7 operating system. Use Devices and Printers, formerly known as the Add Printer Wizard, to obtain the Windows 7 update. For more information, go to Install the Printer Driver through the Windows 7 Operating System"
A perfect Catch 22. What do I do now?
05-29-2012 03:05 PM
This seems to be a commercial product. For the best chance at finding a solution I would suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support!
You can find the Commercial Laserjet board here:
Best of Luck!
05-30-2012 06:32 AM
Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.
Life is too serious to be taken seriously
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection