Question

Student
DaveNRC
Message 1 of 3 (4,321 Views)

I need driver for laserjet 4000n windows 7 64 bit

When I try to install my Laserjet 4000N printer on my HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC running windows 7 64 bit I am prompted to select windows update. The response is always "Windows was unabl;e to get a list of devices from Windows update. Try again later"

When I go to the HP site and try to download the driver i get a message "You do not need to download drivers for this product. Print drivers for your product are available within the Windows 7 operating system. Use Devices and Printers, formerly known as the Add Printer Wizard, to obtain the Windows 7 update. For more information,  go to Install the Printer Driver through the Windows 7 Operating System"

A perfect Catch 22. What do I do now?

Dave

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 3 (4,294 Views)

Re: I need driver for laserjet 4000n windows 7 64 bit

This seems to be a commercial product. For the best chance at finding a solution I would suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support!

You can find the Commercial Laserjet board here:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Teacher
pctech33
Message 3 of 3 (4,282 Views)

Re: I need driver for laserjet 4000n windows 7 64 bit

Go to www.hp.com Enter the product name / number. Be sure to check the additional information, like how to install the driver or troubleshooting guides.