Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/

I hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Well I've found the solution... well for me anyway..... and I can't really explain it....

My Printer is 10.2.0.14/24 , it's gateway is 10.2.0.248/24.  Its switch, which is a layer 3, is 10.2.0.1/24 .... Now for my printer to go thru its gateway, where are the static routes to the OTHER networks are, I had to add the OTHER networks with the gateway 10.2.0.248 into the routing table of the Switch... 

To me it seems that the switch instead of just switching the packet to the default gateway of the printer, it tries to route it itself... Which doesn't make sence.... anyway it just works now... :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Ukanoldai, do you have a ticket number(s) that you opened with HP to get those formatters replaced? Something I can reference when contacting them?

HP Recommended

I wanted to reply to this thread even if it been over a year since the last post as I just had to go through this with HP.

We had 8 remote offices with this behaviour. Each remote locaiton had a Cisco router as their default gateway and a Layer 3 Cisco SG300 switch in place with 2 VLANS, one to support vioce for our hosted VOIP system. The symptom was, from the main office, where the print server and client services reside, we would be able to contact/ping the printer for about 5-15 minutes, then it would go unresponsive for about 30 minutes or more. Rebooting the printer would bring it back up immediatly only to drop off in 5-15 minutes. All printers had static ip addresses with the correct gateway informaiton.

After reviewing packet logs from Wireshark, it was found that the printers were seeing routing advertisements from our Cisco SG300 switch and then CHANGING ITS DEFAULT GATEWAY! So even though we had the correct information, had our gateway hard set in the config, the printer would ignore it and just change its default gateway. The kicker was the config page of the printer would not reflect the change.

Anyway, apparently this a known issue and there is firmware to address it. If you contact HP, the firmware that was given to me (which worked!) were the following file names:

M350_M450_color_Series_FW_Update-20140226.exe

M401_Series_FW_Update-20140515.exe

After applying to our printers and tweaking the SNMP settings it corrected our issues and all printers are now able to be contacted from our main location.

As a reference my HP case number was 4741105371. It took weeks to get to someone who first off believed me and was able to get this corrected. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Switching from Internet Explorer to Firefox worked for me.

HP Recommended
cmccuen

Nice!!! I have the same switch and everything!!!

Nice to know!!!
HP Recommended

This is good to know! It's been a long time since you posted this solution. I assume HP would have rolled this fix into all subsequent firmware updates for this model?

HP Recommended

hi,

please could you help with same problem?

my printer HP Laser Jet Pro 400 M401dn shows Entry is invalid in Ip configuration.

regards.

Bernard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.