06-05-2012 12:46 PM
I have Windows XP Pro sp3, wired connection to a cable modem/router. Just wondering which is better for my printer, the USB or Ethernet cable?
06-05-2012 09:37 PM - edited 06-05-2012 09:37 PM
Neither one will be better for the printer, than the other. It is just a matter of convenience for you. If you attach your printer to your modem/router with Ethernet, you will be able to print with a computer on an Ethernet OR wireless connection.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection