06-05-2012 12:46 PM
I have Windows XP Pro sp3, wired connection to a cable modem/router. Just wondering which is better for my printer, the USB or Ethernet cable?
06-05-2012 09:37 PM - edited 06-05-2012 09:37 PM
Neither one will be better for the printer, than the other. It is just a matter of convenience for you. If you attach your printer to your modem/router with Ethernet, you will be able to print with a computer on an Ethernet OR wireless connection.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network