11-24-2010 06:00 PM
I have a J4680 printer with HP G series Laptop with Windows 7 running FIOS. The printer wirelessly print from Word, but not Internet. If I want to print from Internet, I need to attach the USB cable. Tried Troubleshooting. Installed, re-stalled, uninstalled, power reset. Tried HP Print Diagnostic which stops at connectivity. (HP Print Diagnostic works all the way when USB is connected). Tried HP Network Diagnostic also stops with connectivity. Ready to throw printer from 8 story building. Help!
This question was solved. View Solution.
11-24-2010 07:14 PM
Let's set a static IP address for the printer:
- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you know what that is, set an IP outside that range but no higher than 254 (the last number in the address). If you do not know this, enter the current IP address.
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Leave the gateway and DNS blank. Click 'Apply'
Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.
After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" on the left in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP