Job prints but is then stuck in queue - LaserJet P1102 with JetDirect 175x print server (1097 Views)
Honor Student
CompassCC
Message 1 of 10 (1,097 Views)

Job prints but is then stuck in queue - LaserJet P1102 with JetDirect 175x print server

Hello,

I have an unusual error happening when i try to install my P1102 through a print server. Everything installs ok and allows me to print a test page, the next document i try to print prints ok but the job remains in the queue and stays there. After a couple of minutes saying Printing it then says Error, and any other attempts at printing get stuck behind this job. Then, if i dont delete the job in error from the queue it will print this document every 10 mins until deleted or i switch the printer off!

The set up is a LaserJet P1102 attached to a JetDirect 175x print server, PC running Win7 x86

Things i have tried:

- Install on another pc. Tried both Win 7 x86 and x64

- Changed print server for known working one

- Connected via USB, printer works fine

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 10 (1,052 Views)

Re: Job prints but is then stuck in queue - LaserJet P1102 with JetDirect 175x print server

Hi CompassCC, 

Run the following utility.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02726548&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=411...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
CompassCC
Message 3 of 10 (1,050 Views)

Re: Job prints but is then stuck in queue - LaserJet P1102 with JetDirect 175x print server

Hi pcwizard,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the diagnostics utility and it didnt report any errors (all green ticks). I then tried to print a test page from it and the page was printed but the document remained in the print queue and after a few minutes the Status changed to Error - Printing. I ran he diagnostics again and this time it said it had found and fixed an error (green wrench) in the Print Queue, but the document in error was still there.

Its as though the PC is communicating with the printer ok to send the document, but the printer cant report back to the PC to say it has been printed. Anything else i can try?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 10 (1,047 Views)

Hi CompassCC, 

Does the printer work ok when hooked up USB?

It appears to be a configuration issue with the jetdirect.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
CompassCC
Message 5 of 10 (1,044 Views)

Yes its fine through USB.

I haven't changed the print server configuration from what was used for the previous printer (a HP 1012). Can you suggest any changes I might make, or point me towards any documentation that shows the correct configuration of he print server (i've been searching but cant find anything). Thanks
Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 10 (1,035 Views)

Hi CompassCC, 

The jetdirect 175 is a commercial line product. Check out the support documentation from the link below. 

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesI...

You may want to repost your questions on the commercial support forum at the links below. 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413 

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
CompassCC
Message 7 of 10 (1,020 Views)

I've tried the first link, there is lots of information about how to set the configuration, but nothing about what the correct configuration should be.

The second link takes me to an empty page with "Business Support Forums" on it and a link on the RHS (black text on black background) saying the forums have been moved and links me back to the forum home page.

The third link is for the printers forum, I'll try posting it on that but surely if its a print server problem it would be better in this forum.

If this cant be solved on the forums what are my other options in terms of support?
Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 10 (1,001 Views)

Hi CompassCC,

Check out the folllowing link below

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/

I am an HP employee.

Student
hjw2110
Message 9 of 10 (908 Views)

I'm having the same issue--printer is online and "ready", and a test page prints fine, but the print jobs all get stuck with an error in the queue. However, I am using a USB cable (5ft) to connect to the printer, and it's STILL not working. This is very frustrating.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 10 (901 Views)

Hi hjw2110,

Follow the steps in the document below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02239404

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation