Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Where did you find the setting to prevent sleep?

I found the IP address and entered that page. I set the IP address to static.

I found the sleep pulldown, but NEVER is not an option, only various times up to one hour.

I can almost never print without luck and jumping through flaming hoops.

HP Recommended

The issue is that the printer ever since loses the credentials to sign on to the network.  I thought it might have something to do with the setting alphnumeric and opposed to HEX but sadly it wasn't.  

It loses connectivity at every power down!!

and HP is doing nothing to solve it.

Sad....

HP Recommended

I really needed to print yesterday. Nothing doing. Printer just sat there laughing at me.

I feel like a big dummy for buying HP.

HP Recommended

Some weeks ago, I installed WIN7 on a laptop. With the WIN7-installation I run into the hp-driver-install-thing, which told me, that there is a firmware-update  for my P1102W. After driver-installation, I performed the firmware-update, which was a  big fault.

Week after week I fought with the wifi-setup via usb. Today, I found this and other threads and was shocked. It looks like, that my Laserjet is bricked. All the "solutions" I found are redigiolous .... never power off .... use a repeater without encryption .... I can't beleave, that hp is not able to fix this problem and obviously will not do in the future. ALL P1102W must be concerned after firmware-update.

If there will be no solution for the problem, this had been may last hp-product.

Stefan

@admin: could anyone remove the SOLVED status.

HP Recommended

We have 2 of these printers each connected via USB to separate dedicated computers. Wireless not configured and not required. Sharing is not configured and not required. After about 10 min the lights go out and nothing can print. On occasion when you push the on/off button your get a windows message to install the drivers, after which you can then print and at other times it starts to work again without installing the drivers. If the user tries to print while the lights are off an error appears in the print queue and the printer may appear offline . Both users have requested a sledge hammer for correct the problem or at least  to alleviate the frustration. Anybody on the planet have a solution or should we just go and buy a "real" printer.

HP Recommended

Do you have the latest firmware version? I know one just came out to fix ePrint functionality but it doesn't address the problem with the printer automatically turning off because I found a place at the website that discusses that this is a feature not a problem.  Click on this link to access the download page where you can then select the operating system of the computer(s) connected to the printer and download the firmware.  Click on this link for information regarding "Auto-Off Delay Time" and how to fix this.  Let me know if this helps.  If not, what is the operating system of your main computer that is connected to this printer?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Does this firmware update in any way address the original issue of loss of wireless connectivity/credentials at each power down?

HP Recommended

This link (firmware version: 20130213) is for the firmware update regarding a Windows 7 64-bit computer.  On this page, it indicates it will fix or enhance ePrint which will help maintain network functionality,  helps to update the product for support in Windows 8 and is compliant with new European Power Consumption regulations.  I will say that it is not directly addressed on this page, but I was having problems with connecting my P1102w using teh Wireless Configuration option (in the HP Folder>>Laserjet P1100 series folder>>Wireless Configuration) until I did this level of firmware and it has worked great since.  I know the previous firmware version for this printer had network connectivity as a fix so it is likely they combined that by mentioning it enhances ePrint.  This is a very good firmware and I have only heard good things from people who have downloaded it.

HP Recommended
Hi, all. I've just checked the new firmware version 20130213 and it solves the problem of connectivity lost at every power down! Moreover the installation is easy and it doesn't spoil any printer settings existing for the previous firmware. It works finally!

I use static ip assigned manually and haven't checked the automatic ip - you are welcome to try it yourself.
HP Recommended

That is very good to hear!  🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.