LaserJet 2200d - Finding IP Address (2401 Views)
Top Student
spam33
Message 1 of 12 (2,401 Views)

LaserJet 2200d - Finding IP Address

Have a LaserJet 2200d I am trying to setup on my network.  It is plugged into the network, but none of the computers on the network (wired or wireless) can see the printer, save for one Mac that won't seem to tell me the IP.

Anywho, does anyone have suggestions on how I can find the IP of the 2200d so I can setup all the computers on my network manually.  Would also be nice if I could get into the printer and double check all of its settings, but unfortunately, I don't have the original installation software.

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 12 (2,373 Views)

Re: LaserJet 2200d - Finding IP Address

To get the IP address, do a self test:  when the printer’s Ready light is on, press and release the Go and Job Cancel buttons simultaneously.

If you need anything else for your printer you can find it here.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
spam33
Message 3 of 12 (2,371 Views)

Thank you for that.  Helpful, but now derives a new question....

The default gateway, host name, and IP are incorrectly set to what they used to be at our old office.  Our new office internet is dramatically different. (ex: old gateway was 192.168.1.1 and new is something like 10.35.2.2). 

How do I get into the settings for the printer to change this?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 12 (2,368 Views)

I think it has to be through network software.  Read on page 16 of the manual - it will probably send you to another manual or s software download.

The manuals can all be found on the link I provided above.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
spam33
Message 5 of 12 (2,365 Views)

Read through page 16.  No reference to another manual, just a link to a bunch of options for Jetdirect software.  Not sure which one is applicable to my printer.  I installed the the Jetdirect Download Manager just to test things out, but no luck in detecting the printer.

What are my next steps?  Is there a way I could connect via USB then change all the settings within the printer that way?  Or maybe do some kind of hard reset that deletes everything and lets the printer autodetect the new network?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 12 (2,350 Views)

I looked around for a hard reset but did not find anything in the manual.  There are a lot of manuals, though, have you gone through some of them?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
spam33
Message 7 of 12 (2,348 Views)

Yeah, I think I've gone through just about every manual on the site, save for the ones that are "differences between PCL5 & PCL6". 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 8 of 12 (2,346 Views)

Let me get some help from someone who knows more about LaserJets than I.

Stand by.

I am employed by HP
Top Student
spam33
Message 9 of 12 (2,331 Views)

Thank you.  I appreciate the continued effort to help me troubleshoot this issue.  I attempted to contact HP directly, but all they did was refer me to the rather lacking self-help section on the web for this topic.

I Googled a couple different things and found a method of doing a reset...essentially by holding down the go button while turning on the power.  That did work in the sense that it cleaned out the old Host Name/IP/Subnet/Gateway.  I still have the issue where I have no way of accessing the printer so I can change these settings to reflect our new network.  Newer network printers tend to have a web-based configuration that can be accessed by typing in the IP address of the printer.  This printer does not seem to have that option, so I assume it has to be some sort of software that I can use.  But what is that software? 

Again, thanks for your help PrintDoc.  Lots of Kudos going your way!!!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 10 of 12 (2,327 Views)

I did request the help of a colleague.  Until he shows up, do you have a way of turning on DHCP on the network so that the printer can be issued an IP address?

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation