Load clicking noise before printing on HP 4500 Officejet (2768 Views)
Honor Student
fncjp
Message 1 of 4 (2,768 Views)

Load clicking noise before printing on HP 4500 Officejet

I have a HP 4500 officejet printer that makes a load clicking/knocking noise before printing and when i turn the machine on.

It also seems to be accumulating excess ink under the print cartridges.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 4 (2,752 Views)

Re: Load clicking noise before printing on HP 4500 Officejet

Hi There Fncjp;

Please follow this link www.hp.com/go/tools . Download and use the HP hardware diagnostic tool.  Following are some common printing problems or error conditions that the Hardware Diagnostic Utility can help you resolve easily Paper Jam, Carriage Stall, and Original (document feeder) Jam, Out of Paper, Paper Mismatch, Blinking Lights, Door Open, Print Quality and others. After you run the utility let me know the outcome, I will do my absolute best to help you. 

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Student
sue45
Message 3 of 4 (2,666 Views)

When I turn on my hp Officejet 4500 printer the carrage makes a very loud clicking or klunking noise as it seems to bounce against the end of its run for several seconds.   It will pause for a few seconds then start klunking again for a few seconds.   Somthing is going to wear out soon!   This is a new problem for a printer that has worked well for several months.   I tried all the downloadable trouble shooting software packages and nothing was detected.

Sue

Student
Message 4 of 4 (310 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation