Question

Honor Student
mmjudd
Message 1 of 6 (525 Views)

MAC OSX 10.7.5 HP LaserJet Pro 400 - I can install the printer, but when I print nothing happens

Someone please help!!

I've tried over and over again to get my printers to work - but regardless of what I do, nothing ever comes out when I print. :-(

I'm on a macbook pro OS 10.7.5

I can install the printers easily, but when I print - the printer queue says printing for 5 seconds and then the queue clears and nothing ever prints.

I'm trying to get an HP LaserJet Pro to print and it doesn't work.

Any suggestions for what to do would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 6 (508 Views)

Re: MAC OSX 10.7.5 HP LaserJet Pro 400 - I can install the printer, but when I print nothing happens

How is the printer connected?  If to a network, what router?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
mmjudd
Message 3 of 6 (504 Views)

Re: MAC OSX 10.7.5 HP LaserJet Pro 400 - I can install the printer, but when I print nothing happens

I'm on a small company network - with a Netgear Genie R6300 router. The IP address of the printer is 192.168.1.8

I'm connected via wifi to the network.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 6 (495 Views)

OK, there may be some setting in the router preventing printing, but let's try this first:

Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Restart your Mac.

Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and then next to the "Use" pulldown, select the printer model (not AirPrint). Wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
mmjudd
Message 5 of 6 (464 Views)

I've downloaded the latest software, restarted my computer, re-set the printer menu, and re-added the current printer. 

When I go to print, I still have the same problem.

It says printing, I get the pop-up finder window that says "printing" for maybe 2 seconds, and then the window disappears and nothing happens.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 6 (452 Views)

I would contact the manager of your network.  There may be a setting in the router that is preventing communication.  Specifically, ask about Bonjour support in the router.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation