Question

Honor Student
pranderson
Message 1 of 2 (172 Views)

More than one wireless network connection

Is it possible to keep more than one wireless connection installed for my Deskjet 3000 (J310 series) in Devices & Printers? I am using Windows 7 Pro. For example when I travel to my dad's house I take my printer with me and he has a wireless cable connection.  I have to go through the setup to get the printer on his network, then when I come home I have to go through the process again to get back on my network. I would like to be able for it to keep BOTH so all I have to do is select one or the other and not go through setup again!

Hope there is a solution!

Patti

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)

Re: More than one wireless network connection

Hello pranderson

Unfortunately the printer can only store one network settings at a time. I'm not sure of any printer than remembers multiple network settings either.

Unless its a mobile printer, printers are not typically moved between different networks.

Is there a particular reason for moving the printer? I'm just curious and hope I have been informational.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation