03-15-2012 09:19 AM
Is it possible to keep more than one wireless connection installed for my Deskjet 3000 (J310 series) in Devices & Printers? I am using Windows 7 Pro. For example when I travel to my dad's house I take my printer with me and he has a wireless cable connection. I have to go through the setup to get the printer on his network, then when I come home I have to go through the process again to get back on my network. I would like to be able for it to keep BOTH so all I have to do is select one or the other and not go through setup again!
Hope there is a solution!
03-16-2012 02:06 PM
Unfortunately the printer can only store one network settings at a time. I'm not sure of any printer than remembers multiple network settings either.
Unless its a mobile printer, printers are not typically moved between different networks.
Is there a particular reason for moving the printer? I'm just curious and hope I have been informational.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network