Question

Student
thmpr018
Message 1 of 26 (2,547 Views)
Accepted Solution

My 3050 J610 printer goes into standby or sleep mode and then I cannot print docs to it wirelessly

Everytime I do not print something for a few hours, my printer goes into standby or sleep mode.  When it does this, it cannot be used to print from my laptop or android to it.  Is there a way to set this up so that it doesn't "go to sleep" and it is always available to me to print with.  I like the printer, but it seems kind of off that you cannot print on it wirelessly and it is considered a WIRELESS printer.  That's the only reason I bought it and now I can't even use it without walking downstairs and turning the printer back on again.  If I wanted to do that every time I would just print from my main computer!

Thanks,

Ashley

Student
rcfm
Message 2 of 26 (2,491 Views)

Re: My 3050 J610 printer goes into standby or sleep mode and then I cannot print docs to it wireless

Mine too!
Honor Student
TOMMYD183
Message 3 of 26 (2,476 Views)

Re: My 3050 J610 printer goes into standby or sleep mode and then I cannot print docs to it wireless

Just bought mine and it does exactly the same but it only takes a few minutes to go into sleep mode. Also only my laptop can bring it out of sleep mode and that also takes a few minutes. Airprint and eprint wont do it so it is useless to print from iphone or receive an e print. Looks like this is a fault, is anyone from HP going to reply

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 26 (2,459 Views)

Hi 

Follow the step below to check advanced settings

1. Open the Deskjet 3050 icon on your desktop
  2. Double click to open Maintenance Tasks
  3. Click on the Advanced Settings tab

What do you have Auto off set as?

What do you have Show Alerts set as?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
Smytty
Message 5 of 26 (2,232 Views)

I have the same problem and there is no advanced tab in maintenance tasks.

Honor Student
TOMMYD183
Message 6 of 26 (2,227 Views)

Sorry I did not reply sooner but all I have is Hp utilities then Printer settings And auto off is showing as off (disabled) I do not have show alerts My printer still goes into sleep mode after about 1 minute being idle and Ineddd to physically turn it back on to get it to print wirelessly
Provost
pcwizard
Message 7 of 26 (2,227 Views)

Hi

How far is the router away from the printer?

Do you have the same issue when the printer is connected USB?

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
Gann_Pete
Message 8 of 26 (1,879 Views)

Ok, I know this thread is a little old, but it would not allow me to start a new one, since I am new. I am having the same issues with my 3050 J610 as everyone else. It makes you think there is a wireless connection problem, but that is not the case. The printer goes into a standby mode and there is no way to bring it out of it, unless you cycle the printer. The panel buttons will still work, you just lose the ability to print wirelessly.

I have had my 3050 J610 in two different rooms, master bedroom and basement office. Both areas work well when it is connected and awake. After a while of inactivity, it goes into standby mode and cannot print wirelessly. Here are steps I have taken so far:

1. When the printer goes into standby and will not print wirelessly, I have check to make sure there is still a connection between the router and the printer - There is
  2. I have set a static Id for the printer at .210
  3. Cycling the printer brings the connection back instantly.
  4. The front panel buttons work just fine when it does not have connectivity
  5. In the basement, the machine has excellent signal and connection.

I have checked the recommendations in this thread, and like others, there are no options under the advanced tab of the maintenance page. The problem is a standby or sleep issue. When this arises, it has connection to the router, but the wireless computer does not have connection to the machine. I know when it was in the bedroom, the light would blink 3 or 4 times now and then throughout the night. We need a way to turn off the standby, or bring the machine out of standby mode. It is not an issue of the router, channel, interference, or software. It is the sole issue of standby or sleep modes. I have been pulling my hair out for almost two years over this issue. I swore I would not buy another HP product after the problems I had with a printer and laptop. But I thought I would give HP another chance.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 9 of 26 (1,876 Views)

Hi Gann_Pete, 

Uninstall the printer software you have currently installed on the computer, and then reinstall the printer using the version 28.8 from the link below.

Version 28.8

I am an HP employee.

Tutor
Gann_Pete
Message 10 of 26 (1,874 Views)

What is this going to fix. I updated the software and driver about a month or two ago. It gave me a new interface and more control, but it did not correct any problem.

It just seems like if there is not a constant connection to the printer it drops the ability to connect to products. That is the reason it seems like a standby issue.

Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation