07-12-2012 04:22 PM - edited 07-12-2012 04:24 PM
How is the printer connected to your computer (network, USB, etc.)?
Does this happen with specific programs or all programs?
When did this start happening (how long ago, any specific changes like cartridges, etc.)?
I have included a general slow printing guide from HP. I recommend following all steps except for the ones that do not apply. For example, if it is wireless then you would ignore any USB or Ethernet steps.
I noticed PrintDoc has a solution that works fairly often if is connected over a network here.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One, ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One, and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4510 and 5520 e-All-in-One Printer Series