07-12-2012 04:22 PM - edited 07-12-2012 04:24 PM
How is the printer connected to your computer (network, USB, etc.)?
Does this happen with specific programs or all programs?
When did this start happening (how long ago, any specific changes like cartridges, etc.)?
I have included a general slow printing guide from HP. I recommend following all steps except for the ones that do not apply. For example, if it is wireless then you would ignore any USB or Ethernet steps.
I noticed PrintDoc has a solution that works fairly often if is connected over a network here.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection