Question

Student
MorganDumply
Message 1 of 2 (563 Views)

My HP OfficeJet Pro 8500a Plus won't print. Paused queue cannot resume. 'Doctor' fails to solve.

As a Windows 7 Admin user I can print to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500a Plus but other users cannot. Their prints go into the 'Print Queue' and neither Resume or Restart will work. Resume merely deletes it from the queue and Restart does nothing.

Print and Scan Doctor doesn't resolve the problem. It refers to the 'stuck queue' and restarts the computer. Even then it does nothing to solve the problem.

There appear to be many instances of this problem on searching the Internet, most suggesting highly complex solutions. Surely it shouldn't be that difficult to solve.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 2 (540 Views)

Re: My HP OfficeJet Pro 8500a Plus won't print. Paused queue cannot resume. 'Doctor' fails to solve.

It sounds like it could be a permissions user since the admin account has no issue printing to it.

Are the other users printing from the same computer, but different accounts or are they printing to the networked printer from different computers?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation