Question

Student
Porcupinez
Message 1 of 2 (622 Views)

My HP Officejet 6500A Plus keeps printing random symbols and crap instead of my document

My HP Officejet 6500A Plus keeps printing random symbols and crap instead of my document. It will print like a few pages or the first page but only half of it then a bunch of black lines and symbols. I've noticed it mostly does this when I want to print on both sides of a paper. How do I fix this??

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 2 (594 Views)

My HP Officejet 6500A Plus keeps printing random symbols and crap instead of my document

There are a couple of things I would check in this case.

* Is the printer connected via USB? If so, then unplug the USB cable from both ends and Hard reset the printer.

Hard Reset:
* Unplug printer while unit is on
* Unplug other end of power cord from the direct wall outlet
* Wait 30 seconds
* Plug the unit back up for power

I would also try reinstalling the printer if the problem continues to occur.

As well, if the issue seems to be surrounding duplexing then it could be a driver issue. Try using an alternate driver. For the steps to do so see Shane_R's thread located here.

Hope this helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation