12-22-2012 08:49 AM
My HP Officejet 6500A Plus keeps printing random symbols and crap instead of my document. It will print like a few pages or the first page but only half of it then a bunch of black lines and symbols. I've noticed it mostly does this when I want to print on both sides of a paper. How do I fix this??
12-24-2012 02:52 PM
* Is the printer connected via USB? If so, then unplug the USB cable from both ends and Hard reset the printer.
* Unplug printer while unit is on
* Unplug other end of power cord from the direct wall outlet
* Wait 30 seconds
* Plug the unit back up for power
I would also try reinstalling the printer if the problem continues to occur.
As well, if the issue seems to be surrounding duplexing then it could be a driver issue. Try using an alternate driver. For the steps to do so see Shane_R's thread located here.
Hope this helps.
I am not an HP employee.
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Wireless Printing with Apple's AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102w, P1109w - Wireless Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 2540 and 2545 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
- HP ENVY 4500 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3540 Printers - Wireless Printer Setup
- Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection