12-22-2012 08:49 AM
My HP Officejet 6500A Plus keeps printing random symbols and crap instead of my document. It will print like a few pages or the first page but only half of it then a bunch of black lines and symbols. I've noticed it mostly does this when I want to print on both sides of a paper. How do I fix this??
12-24-2012 02:52 PM
* Is the printer connected via USB? If so, then unplug the USB cable from both ends and Hard reset the printer.
* Unplug printer while unit is on
* Unplug other end of power cord from the direct wall outlet
* Wait 30 seconds
* Plug the unit back up for power
I would also try reinstalling the printer if the problem continues to occur.
As well, if the issue seems to be surrounding duplexing then it could be a driver issue. Try using an alternate driver. For the steps to do so see Shane_R's thread located here.
Hope this helps.
I am not an HP employee.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network