Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

sure...i'm not a mac guy, but the principal is the same. ask away..

HP Recommended

I finally solved this.

I had a refilled cartridge (not an official expensive 940 cartridge). When i swapped it for a brand new HP 940 cartridge, everything then worked just fine.

Before I solved it, the printer didn't complain and would work for 30 minutes or so, but then would lock up.

My guess is that the printer was trying to send a communication to the PC that somehow wasn't getting through.

(Software / firmware mismatch, or anti-virus software blockage, or who knows).

It all makes me dislike HP. I don't mind buying razor blades but buying a $37.00 ink cartridge that's mostly profit leaves behind a bad customer experience and a lot of bad will.

HP Recommended

After 1 hr 40 mins on the phone to India the thing that solved it was a synchronized hard-reset; unplug router, shutdown computer, unplug printer... plug-in router, reboot computer, plug-in printer.  Set up wireless network with the wizard, and off we go.

HP Recommended

Did you ever get the original post problem fixed?  I have been dealing with this for about 3 weeks and have talked to HP support a million times.  Nothing seems to work.  I have to shut down my printer, then it prints, but if I let it sit for a few minutes (10ish or so) and then try to print something else, it gets stuck in the print queue and instead of the normal print job name of whatever program I am printing from, it gives this:

mhtml:{608BF20D-2F93-4DB3-A9FD-93C0A4886EBB}mid://00000064/  the last two digits change every time a print job gets stuck and I have to turn off the printer.  I have tried EVERYTHING you mentioned in this thread for the problem and it is still not fixed.  Can you help?

HP Recommended

I have already had this printer replaced once by HP and the problem still keeps coming back for me and many others according to many posts on the web.  Somebody at HP surely knows this problem exists.  The tech support people on the phone the first time around were so clueless they finally gave up and replaced the printer.

But it still has to be cold powered off all the time for the printer to work, wasting tons of ink.

The firmware LRP1FN1126AR in the printer has not been updated since in a very long time.

- Static IP vs DHCP not the issue. (printer can even successfully change IP address, WEB apps keep working, yet      problem does not go away without power cycle)

- wired vs wireless is not the issue.

- Firewalls not the issue.

- Power Saver Mode is not the issue.

- Hard reset only temporary gets past issue.

- Fails both installed as Bonjour and TCP/IP

The low level IP stack is fine because you can go over to the printer and select the WEB apps and they will work even while the prevailing local issue is occurring.  Perhaps some help from the team that handles the APPs should help debug this.

My old HP 8100 wirelessly on the same network is never unavailable.

I have been in the computer business for 35 years and would love to work with someone at HP that actually wants to fix this.  I am more interested in truly fixing this than anything else.

Or do we need to start a class action suit against HP to get this fixed?

I wish someone (level 3 type) at HP would contact me that really wants to work on this.  I am sure there needs to be a fix in the firmware.  I would be glad to spend time on it.

Keith

HP Recommended

Thanks to everyone who has responded. It's really strange. For some unknown reason, everything started to work properly again. It stopped going offline! This happened a couple of weeks back. I sent something to print and it came out right away. Same with my wife on her laptop! So, not sure what happened. I didn't change anything or add any new software. I get windows updates automatically so maybe there was a driver update or something. However, it's still working properly!

Mike

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find the resolution?

HP Recommended
@DanB123 What OS are you using? What printer do you have (please be as exact as possible with the model)? How are you connecting the printer to the computer? Is the printer in or coming out of sleep mode when this problem happens? HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://goo.gl/3DAkq
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

A fast workaround for me has been to use the printer touchscreen to "Restore Network Defaults" which is found under the "Network" menu under the "Setup" menu (the wrench icon).  Works immediately.

The problem apparently is with the IP address becoming changed.  The change happens quite frequently.  But I don't know why.  My set-up is an ethernet of 3 comps and the printer with one a Win 7 comp and 2 being WinXP comps.  I have an old Linksys Etherfast 4 port Router with DSL.

I am now trying to solve the issue by changing my setup to make the printer a "Local" (USB) printer on the WIN 7 comp and sharing it with the 2 Win XP comps but so far I can't get it to print from the first Win XP comp - even though it is the default printer on it (that's odd).   I send it to the printer and it disappears completely without appearing in print cueing or anywhere.    

Any ideas how to solve that one -  anybody?  

HP Recommended
The first thing I would do is follow step six in this document to set a static IP: http://goo.gl/EvBJO...
When it askes for DNS information, enter in Google's DNS. Preferred DNS = 8.8.8.8 Alt DNS = 8.8.4.4

Let me know what happens.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.