Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Keith,

I am having the same exact issue with my HP 8500 All In One on all of my computers.  I have Windows XP and Windows 7.  Things worked for a while but for the last month, printing has been tentative at the very best.  My printer IP address no longer works so I cannot even get to the printer page online.  I have a friend who is a computer dude and he is befuddled with this issue.  I cannot believe I spent $350 only 3 years ago for this piece of HP crap.  I have owned 4 HP printers in my life and the first 3 never had any issues.  I think HP has not mastered wireless technology when it comes to printers. I purchased an HP laptop four years ago and it failed right after it went out of warranty.  I got 1 year's use out of a $1000 laptop.  I will possible never ever buy another HP product again.  The solution to my HP problem was to purchase a similar wireless Epson printer from Amazon.

Oh lest I forget to mention that HP already replaced my HP 8500 within about 90 days of purchase and that process was one I will never forget.  Sooooo frustrating.  Between the call centers outside the US and inside the US, I kept getting the most inane suggestions.  I was actually told by a rep that the paper was jamming because I was filling the paper to the line.  I was told it was only supposed to hold 50 sheets.  It turned out by a fluke I found the most minute plastic part snapped off at the back of the printer and that was causing the unit to jam.  So it was broken coming out of the box.  The acquisition of the replacement refurbished unit and the return of the bad printer was a complete pain.  HP kept telling me I did not return the printer when I returned it immediately in spite of just having major surgery.  ARGH is the kindest thing I can say.

HP Recommended

fyryred

I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with this. This article should help to maintain wireless connection and help with stable performance:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02817031

Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
HP Recommended

God Bless you! I have the same printer, and it's been giving me fits! You saved my live! Ok, maybe not my life, but my bank account! I was looking at new printers.Thank You!

HP Recommended

God Bless you! I have the same printer, and it's been giving me fits! You saved my live! Ok, maybe not my life, but my bank account! I was looking at new printers.Thank You!

HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem with the printer being offline but printing on reboot. I got it to work by unchecking SNMP status is activated. You can find this by going to the printer queue for the printer and selecting the Printer menu and Properties submenu. Select the Ports tab and the active port in the list (for me it is a Standard TCP/IP port), then click the Configure port button, here you find a checkbox for SNMP status is activated, uncheck it and it works!! I'm sorry if some of the names of menus etc is incorrect, I'm not using an English version of Windows and have been trying to translate it as good as I can.

HP Recommended

This was the fix!!!

Thank you as i have tried everything else i could find to fix my 'printer offline' issue.

I did not have problems with my printer until I switched my service and have a new router - that was the problem i finally figured out after a week!

i deleted the device and downloaded the HP wizard to install my printer.

Very easy and much appreciated.

KHARRIS

HP Recommended

Can you please update this link?  It now takes me to a page that simply asks whether the document is helpful, without actually providing the document...  

HP Recommended

Hi @antinomist 

I think you are looking for this document; Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I've had a pro 8500 for a few years but had this exact problem starting this week. I tried many different ways (uninstall, install, restart print spooler, etc) but it is always put to offline right after I somehow managed to print one job.  Now it is fixed by disabling the snmp after I saw this thread.

Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I have searched this site over and each response either gives  link to a help support page that is no longer there, or tells you to find the IP address.  IF THE PRINTER IS OFFLINE, IT DOESN'T HAVE ONE.  I am about to give up on this $400 printer I bought and try another brand.  This is frustrating.

For whatever reason I am not able to edit SNMP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.