Question

Honor Student
boojoo1tw
Message 1 of 3 (1,542 Views)
Accepted Solution

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 can't print from my MacBook Air

Hi,

My HP Officejet Pro 8600 can't print from my MacBook Air. It keeps on showing "The printer is not connected", but the screen on the printer shows connected. I often reset the printer 'EVERY TIME" I want to use it. I also tried to turn off my laptop and printer several times before printing. If I'm lucky enough, it will work maybe for one or two prints. If no luck then I'll have to reset everything again. Sometimes I reset the printer, the printer will not show on my selection.

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 3 (1,519 Views)

Re: My HP Officejet Pro 8600 can't print from my MacBook Air

Hello boojoo1tw,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to print most times with your Officejet 8600. How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB? What is your operating system on your Mac computer? Click here to find out.

If your printer is wireless, then I would recommend assigning a "Static IP Address" by following this HP document on Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. :smileyhappy:

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
boojoo1tw
Message 3 of 3 (1,452 Views)

Re: My HP Officejet Pro 8600 can't print from my MacBook Air

It works! Thank you very much. Now the printer is much more stable!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation