Question

Honor Student
willucci
Message 1 of 4 (3,615 Views)
Accepted Solution

My HP Photosmart C309a series printer can't find the wireless router 3 feet above it.

My HP Photosmart C309a series printer can't find the wireless router 3 feet above it.  I ran the diagnostics and got "The wireless radio is not functioning" message.  In what device is the wireless radio located?  In the router? In the printer?  I reset the router, did the #6 with the printer, but I am still unable to connect my wireless Macbook to the printer.  My desktop Mac is connected to the printer with a cable and prints fine.  Is my router messed up or my printer?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (3,587 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart C309a series printer can't find the wireless router 3 feet above it.

Your printer's wireless radio (that it uses to communicate with the router's radio) has died.  This is how to contact HP support: www.hp.com/go/totalcare

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
willucci
Message 3 of 4 (3,578 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart C309a series printer can't find the wireless router 3 feet above it.

Thank you so much!  At least now I know what piece of equipment it faulty.  Is it repairable or do I need a new printer?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (3,565 Views)

Just call HP, they can walk you through the options based on what is wrong with your printer.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation