Question

Student
Mattpeck
Message 1 of 22 (9,288 Views)

My iPad cannot find my printer.

My iPad can not find my air printer. Hp photos art 5510. It was working before, however the area I live in has a bad Internet connection . I noticed when it was working the settings on the printer was set on channel 1 now I have printed out a new network test page the channel is now on 11. DO I have to change this channel setting, and if so how?
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 22 (9,255 Views)

Re: My iPad cannot find my printer.

Hello,

Follow the steps in the link below to help improve your wireless connection.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02817031&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4023246&tmp...
When it askes for DNS information, enter in Google's DNS. Preferred DNS = 8.8.8.8 Alt DNS = 8.8.4.4

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
isabelle512
Message 3 of 22 (8,947 Views)

HELP ...after upgrading my iPad to iOS 6 .... my iPad cannot find my existing HP Air Printer (P1102w )

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 22 (8,932 Views)

[ Edited ]

Since doing the update to the device to get the iOS6, I would make sure that all the settings are still the same on the iPad and that it is still on the same network as the printer and that the name of that network has a check mark by it and make sure that Bluetooth is turned off . Also check to make sure “Ask to join other networks” is still selected too.  After checking all the prerequisites, check to make sure that the printer’s firmware is up to date.

Next I would power cycle the Apple device, printer, and the router to make sure that the update did not get them out of sync.

• Turn of the router, most do not have an on/off button, so just unplug it.
  • Then turn off the Apple device completely, make sure not just in sleep mode and then power off printer.
  • After all devices off, wait about 15 seconds
  • Turn router back on and wait for it to be completely up and running ( all the lights back on) before turning on the printer and iPad
  • After router is up and running, power back on printer and iPad and see if they are synced back up. 
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
Ampuls
Message 5 of 22 (6,972 Views)

The IP address on my wireless printer is different than the IP address on my ipad how do I get them the same?
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 22 (6,958 Views)

Hi Ampuls,

I would like to assist.  I have a few questions for you.  What printer do you have?  Are you trying to setup Airprint?  Have you setup ePrint on your printer?

Top Student
miggsy
Message 7 of 22 (6,894 Views)

Router light on. E print light on. iPod/iPad won't connect. No air printers found.
Top Student
miggsy
Message 8 of 22 (6,893 Views)

Hp Deskjet
3070a.
Top Student
miggsy
Message 9 of 22 (6,892 Views)

No air printers found.
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 10 of 22 (6,890 Views)

Hi Miggsy,

I would try the steps below.  Please confirm that your iPod is on the same network as your printer.

1.  Unplug printer and router.

2.  Plug router back up first.

3.  Wait about minute then plug printer back up.

4.  Power cycle IOS device.

5.  Try again to print.  

Let me know how it goes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation