Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello!

My printer was working just fine for the past year, it was connected to my laptop with the wifi. Until yesterday...

There seems to be something wrong with the connection, but both my laptop and the printer are on the same wifi. I have tried to uninstall ALL the HP files and reinstall the installation software for my printer.

Here is the software I downloaded for my printer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=fr&cc=fr&dlc=fr&sw_lang=&product=5063...

I included a picture of the message that I receive after trying to connect my laptop to the printer.

Problème imprimante.png

My computer has Windows 7, 64 bits. My printer is HP Photosmart 5510 series.

Any help would be reeeeally appreciated, I really need my computer for university!

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @RafaelleB,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the network issues you're experiencing with your HP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One Printer on your Windows 7 64-bit computer. I understand that the printer has been working fine via wireless for the last year but suddenly just stopped communicating. There is a chance that an update went through on your router that is not causing communication to be blocked between your printer and computer. I'm going to take you through a few troubleshooting steps to start to see if I can get this up and running for you.

Step 1: Powercycle a Network:

1. First, unplug the power cable to your Router
2. Once your Router is unplugged, turn off your printer
3. Next, shut down your computer
4. After 30 seconds to 1 minutes, plug your Router back in
5. Next, turn on your printer
6. Turn on the computer

After a few moments the internet connection should be restored to your computer. Check your computer and ensure that you can browse to websites before continuing.

Step 2: Check IP Address:

1. On the printer select the Wireless icon () and an IP Address should display

2. Take note of the IP address

3. Open the Internet Browser on your computer

4. In the Internet Browser web address search bar please type in your IP Address and hit enter (do not include www.)

If this brings you to a website for your printer than that proves with 100% certainty that your printer and computer are communicating wirelessly with each other.

If the website for your printer fails to open than your printer and computer are not 'talking' wirelessly to each other. Should this be the case can I have you rerun the wireless setup for your printer:

How to Run the Wireless Setup Wizard:

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon (), and then touch Settings.
  2. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard. The wizard searches for and displays a list of available networks.
  3. Touch the name of your network, and then follow the on-screen instructions to connect the printer to the network.

Once you run the Wireless Setup Wizard, get the IP Address and see if you can open the printer website with the IP address now.

If so, then please attempt to reinstall your software and drivers and the printer should now be found on your network.

Please let me know if the steps I've provided resolve your issue. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I tried everthing you said previously and it still doesnt work.  Any more suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.