04-26-2011 02:43 AM
I use a wireless network at home. The printer is connected to the router ( Jensen Scandinavia) by cable. When I install the printer, I can print without problems. Next time (when I have turned both printer and computers off) it says that the printer is offline. Then I have to remove the printer, install it again, and then it works again.
I looked in the routers configurationpage, to see if i could find something there. I found something called Port Forwarding, I found my printer in a list, and the ip-adress that I think it uses. But is this where I can fix the problem? I must fill in some port range to be able to add. I have done this before, when I play games online. But then I knew witch ports I should type in. How do I know it for the printer?
04-26-2011 11:50 AM
What operating system? When the computer says the printer is offline, is it? Does the router show that it is connected with a proper IP address?
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
04-26-2011 02:39 PM
If i understand you correctly, once you turn your printer and computer off and then back on again, it says that it is offline even though it is powered on. If this is the case, one way to place it back online is to set it online through the control panel. You can get to the control panel several different ways depending on what operating system you have. Try to click on Start>Control panel>Devices and Printers>Right click on your printer>select Use Printer Online.
- HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection
- HP Web-Connected Printers and Supported Cloud Services for HP Printers
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless Network for the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP Single-Function and Multi-Function Printers - How to Find the WEP or WPA Key or Password for Your Wireless Network