Question

Student
millisvanillis
Message 1 of 3 (665 Views)

My printer (C5100) is offline from time to time.

I use a wireless network at home. The printer is connected to the router ( Jensen Scandinavia) by cable. When I install the printer, I can print without problems. Next time (when I have turned both printer and computers off) it says that the printer is offline. Then I have to remove the printer, install it again, and then it works again.

I looked in the routers configurationpage, to see if i could find something there. I found something called Port Forwarding, I found my printer in a list, and the ip-adress that I think it uses. But is this where I can fix the problem? I must fill in some port range to be able to add. I have done this before, when I play games online. But then I knew witch ports I should type in. How do I know it for the printer?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 3 (635 Views)

Re: My printer (C5100) is offline from time to time.

What operating system?  When the computer says the printer is offline, is it?  Does the router show that it is connected with a proper IP address?

I am employed by HP
Top Student
hplamont
Message 3 of 3 (629 Views)

Re: My printer (C5100) is offline from time to time.

Hello millisvanillis,

If i understand you correctly, once you turn your printer and computer off and then back on again, it says that it is offline even though it is powered on. If this is the case, one way to place it back online is to set it online through the control panel. You can get to the control panel several different ways depending on what operating system you have. Try to click on Start>Control panel>Devices and Printers>Right click on your printer>select Use Printer Online.

Although i work for HP, my replies are my own and i am not an official spokesperson
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation