Question

Honor Student
RPGillespie
Message 1 of 7 (2,638 Views)

Network Print Jobs Always Get Stuck in Queue

Hello,

I have, perhaps, the most frustrating problem on the planet.  In my home network, I have a HP Color LaserJet 2600n connected to my main PC, with 2 other PC's on the network.  All 3 run Windows 7.  Printing from my main PC works fine, but if I try to print over the network, the print job always gets stuck in the queue.  I can see it stuck in the queue on my main PC, but I can't do anything about it.  I can't delete it, nothing.  If I restart the spooler, then it magically prints and clears the queue, but it's annoying to have to do that all the time.  I've reinstalled the drivers several times to no avail.  Tips?

RPGillespie

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 7 (2,620 Views)

Re: Network Print Jobs Always Get Stuck in Queue

The way your printer is connected (to one PC and sharing with others) is complicated, slow and prone to issues like this.

Since your printer can be connected directly to a router, I recommend connecting it to your router with an Ethernet cable, then re-installing the software on each computer to be able to access the printer over the router's network.

I am employed by HP
Student
Askarali
Message 3 of 7 (2,549 Views)

I have, perhaps, the most frustrating problem on the planet.  In my home network, I have a HP Color LaserJet 2600n connected to 8 Pc'son the network.  .  Printing from my main PC works fine, but if I try to print over the network, the print job always gets stuck in the queue.  I can see it stuck in the queue all 6 PC, but I can't do anything about it.  I can't delete it, nothing.  If I restart the spooler, then it magically prints and clears the queue, but it's annoying to have to do that all the time.  I've reinstalled the drivers several times to no avail.  Tips?

RPGillespie

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 7 (2,541 Views)

Tell me about your network - router brand/model, encryption type (WEP, WPA, etc) and ISP type (DSL, Cable, etc).

What operating systems?  Have you set a static IP address for the printer?

I am employed by HP
Tutor
mbllady
Message 5 of 7 (1,961 Views)

I have same problem. Was this issue ever resolved? If so, what is fix please?

Tutor
mbllady
Message 6 of 7 (1,913 Views)

I had same symptoms on my printers. Was using a mix of remanufactured and HP ink cartridges. I replaced the remanufactured cartridges with original HP cartridges and I no longer have the problem. Worth a try. Good luck!

Student
HeathTax
Message 7 of 7 (1,838 Views)

I have a similar problem, I have a directly connected 1300 and a network P3015. The 1300 is connected via USB, the 3015 is connected by RJ45 cable right to the router. Both printers have their print queues get stuck, but only from my HP Pavilion Elite HPE running HP-installed Windows 7. All the other machines in the office can use the 3015 printer perfectly well. One is an older Pavilion using XP-Pro, another is a Dell using XP-Pro and the third is a Lenovo laptop using Windows 7. All our toners are not refills (seems like a stupid suggestion that the toner cartridge could cause a queue to lock up). The problem is definitely between my machine and the HP printers. I have a Brother printer and a couple of Seiko/Epson printers that all work perfectly fine.

Rebooting several times a day is getting old.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation